Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just swallowed a Jaw Breaker WHOLE plz read

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:37 PM
  • 39 Replies

OK so I had an everlasting gobstopper and I just put it in, and I was watching Whose Line is it Anyways and I laughed and it went down my throat and got stuck. I didn't know wtf to do. I could still talk though which was weird but felt a feeling in my throat I've never felt. It was totally lodged, I drank a whole entire bottle of water and it still wouldn't go down. I told my husband and he didn't believe me until I got my phone to call my mom cause I didn't know what to do. Like I wasn't choking cause I could breathe but I felt a horrible pressure in my neck that was increasing. So I asked my husband if I should try to make myself throw up and he said yes, so I stuck my finger down my throat (sorry to be gross) but then I threw up a little and it went down more.

Its really weird though cause I could feel it in my esphogus..but I don't feel the pressure, but I am talking really really weird..

Will it disolve on its own?

Update:

Ok so I am feeling better. I drank some hot cocoa, seems to be helping. My mom is calling a nurse hotline thing she has with work and then is going to call me back.

The reason my husband didn't believe me, and I worded it a little wrong, but was because he didn't think I could talk if something was in my throat. He wasn't being a jerk or anything, he just kinda laughed and said yeah right, but when I picked up my phone he realized I wasn't joking..

Thanks ladies, if anything changes or gets worse I definately will call a doctor  or go to the ER.

Want to lose weight in 2009? Join my Group Lookin' Fine in '09 http://www.cafemom.com/group/lookinfine2009

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CODYSMOM_00
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:40 PM

you need to get to the er, my grand pap, just had to have surgery, because food got stuck in his chest. its really serious!!! good luck!!!

CODYSMOM_00

or call 911

prestonjohn

geez i dont know but i would think it would still be dissolving, dont go to sleep till its gone though

mommy_maria

Oh wow .... I have no idea. I would think it would disolve though - it might take a while. Maybe drink something warm and it might disolve faster??

Good luck! Maybe call the nurse line at your local hospital ... BUMP!

ashleykilleen

i have o idea!!! i would maybe call the ER and ask them, instead of going there and finding out that they cant do anything. I am sorry i coudlnt help you somemore!!

-ash

ttcpreview image

pamelam20

Idk...I mean I guess eventually it has to dissolve but if you can still feel it I would call a nurse.

littlemama9130

has he tried to give you the heimlich manuver (sp)?

Ilovemybbgrl
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:41 PM

wow.. ur husband didnt believe you? I think id of cried. Ive had that happen with a butterfinger bebe.. nothing like what you experienced but my hubby have me the hymlic lol. Lame i know but he got it out! Did it go DOWN or do you still feel it? If you still feel it, id go to a doctor. If it isnt lodged anymore, it should dissolve in your stomach =P.. id make sure it didnt cause distruction to anything.. does it hurt?

Blondee512

No.....go to the ER. It can be pushed down more, or removed easily with a scope.

Trisenneth

i dont know if it will dissolve fast, but you may have to drink warm fluids to break it down and try to push it down slowly.. its probably going to be really uncomfortable..

i dont know if i wold try eating to push for it might lodge your throat, but last week i did that when i swallowed to big of piece of bread and i felt it rip alway down, hurt like dickens.

good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)