Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

37wks and 3 days, Mucus Plug and back Labor??? Maybe TMI for some?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 11:14 PM
  • 23 Replies

I am 37wks and 3days today, Last nite I went to the ER because I was havin lower back pain from 3am till 9pm. I had take tylenol numerous times and it didn't help it. Well I called my local hospital and one of the nurses said to drink three big glasses of water to see if that helped because I might have been dehydrated. I was also having brownish color mucus coming out but not everytime I went to the bathroom. Anyways, my question is: After getting home from the ER they had told me I was 1cm dilated and Effaced, I went to my friends house and noticed a dime size amount of dark blood and then throughout the night after whipping the toilet paper was a pinkish color. Last night at the ER they also said I was having irregular contractions but I would feel of my stomach and didnt notice the tightening just really bad pain in my back. Every now and then I am noticing small amounts of something floating in the toilet like a pinish brown color. Lower back pain as eased up but goes from very light pain to menstral like cramping in my back. And now when I whip I notice a light brownish color mucus. Am I losing my mucus plug and having back labor? And if so does that mean my baby will be here before I know it?

by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amber_ledford08
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 11:18 PM

I lost my mucus plug I had HORRIBLE back pain for 3 days. I went into labor the day after that. Good luck and BUMP

Cute Text by The Doll Palace / Click to edit
luvmycherubs
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 11:20 PM

You're having "bloody show". It shouldn't be much longer now.

Mishel73
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Not sure.  I went through the same thing and it took a long time before I went into labor.  I just hate to see you get your hopes up about going into labor....believe me, I sure did.  Everyone is different.  Good luck to you!

3boyz1princess
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 11:30 PM

NOT REALLY SURE BUT HAPPY LABOR...

in loveboy n girltwin boys

HUBBY & ME       CHANDLER,MADSION,CARSON & COLTON

Magpie75
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 11:37 PM

Sounds like you will be having a baby soon.

CODYSMOM_00
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 11:40 PM

i had my son, the day after i lost my mucus plug. good luck!!!

MadysonsMom1207
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 11:41 PM
I noticed my stomach tightening but it didn't Hirt either and wound up having all back labor. My mucus plug came out over a few weeks and then when I went into labor ( a hour after my stomach was tightening then my back started hurting. A little bit) my plug came out in chunks. You'll know LOL. Good luck!!!!!!!! Take a hot shower that what I did n j went into labor an hour later!

sent from my itouch, sorry for any typos!

Im a first time, vaccinating, cry it out but spoil her rotten, opinionated, foward facing, anti-abortion, engaged to her high school sweetheart, whos own father was killed in a car accident on 6/2/05, open minded, holiday obssesive, young mom, whose daughter is her LIFE, and im determined to break the stereotype!!

TonyJosMommy
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Sounds like baby will be here before you know it!!  Happy labor day!!

tretresmom
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 11:56 PM

That is exactly what happened with me except I told the doctor I was bleed ing and she said it was probably from the exam well later that night I coughed and I felt a liitle gush  so I went to the bathroom and there was blood so much it went through my clothes well anyway I went to the hospital and yes I was in labor and my son was born at 37 wks

Trinity12.06.08
by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 12:12 AM

The brownish colored mucus is normal, but not your mucus plug. All the brown mucus means is that your cervix is dialating. It can happen for up to a week, possibly more. The lower back pains, although not really strong, is also your cervix dialating. When your cervix dialates, it's opening and allowing more of a passage way for things to "slip" through. As it dialates more, your "bloody show" will be able to pass through as well. You will defiitely know when you have lost your mucus plug. Trust me. It looks just like a plug. Mucus looking on top and then a tail of bright red coming off of it. Kind of in the shape of a shooting star! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)