Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Protesting a funeral.....

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:48 AM
  • 23 Replies

I live in Okla. we resently had a murder where a mother and her 4 children were killed by the mothers new boyfriend. The mother was under 30 yrs old and the children under like 7 yr. Its a very sad story. Well I heard on the news last night the funeral services are to be held today. This group of "church" people from westbury out of Kansas are coming to protest this.....WTF?? These people ususally protest the funerals of fallen soliders and the signs they hold up say stuff like GOD HATES FAGS, BLACKS SHOULDNT BE ALLOWED, THE WAR IS WRONG. Well this time at this family funeral they are putting signs like those plus GOD HATES OKLAHOMA and GOD HATES AMERICA. It has nothing to do with this poor woman's funeral.

The news refered to the "church" people as a cult and I kind of agree. I'm not a big fan of religion but I respect people that do. How is this an act of GOD?? The police in the town are going to be their to make the protesters stay 500 feet away from the funeral. But still I feel that is just WAY wrong.......

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
robbysmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:52 AM

They should not be  allowed to be around any where.

That is sad...

KaseyHickman
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:52 AM

WHAT THE CRAP!!! Im from Oklahoma where is this going on at? Thats a load of crap they shouldn't let them do that that is awful. She was murdered im so disgusted.grrrr

A Mother to Andrew and a Wife to Kyle

toddler boyin love

tuckersmommy22
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:54 AM
Those people are horrible!! I've read and seen way too much about them online and on TV, they are disgusting, vile people. They make the rest of the Christian community look horrible. It sickens me that they've now stooped to going to murder victim's funerals as well. The thought of them makes me so mad...it just makes my blood boil. Sorry believe me i'm as disgusted as you are! Unfortunately those same soldiers they blast have fought and died to give them the freedom to do these things, although I think they're taking it waaay too far.

"If God brings you to it,
He will bring you through it.
Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment thank God."

~Audra (Tucker's Mommy)~
Hondagirlracr
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:55 AM

I agree they should be banned from this funeral. Can't the police keep them away? If it were a celebrity they sure could keep them away. This family should have just one day without this kind of garbage.

mom2ljh
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:57 AM

I received an e-mail from DH's command during his last deployment that this church was going to be in our area protesting funerals.  I was given the dates and times, and strictly told to stay away.
The e-mail then went into further detail, explaining their motive.
Basically, this church has some highly educated members, several in law.  They protest, provoke the citizens, but don't actually break the law.  Then, when someone DOES or SAYS something, they file a lawsuit against that person.  YES, the PROTESTORS sue the standersby!!!
This is how they fund their church.  The ABSOLUTE best thing you can do is IGNORE it and stay as far away as you can.  You never know what they will be able to use against you so the best thing to do is give them NO ammo.

Amanda~Cloth Diapering, Non-Spanking, Attached Mommy to my little miracle, Landon Joel, born 6 weeks too soon, 6-21-07, former refluxer, multiple food allergies, coolest kid on the block!

Then                                           Now

msjtwin
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:58 AM

This is a very sad situation, and it seems to become more and more common now a days.  Mother kiling their kids or husband/boyfriend killing their family what is the world coming to.  What happen to if you are  not happy than move on?  But for the church people, I don't understand how they can call themselves church people when they are acting like that.  In the bible it says "thou shalt no judge"  these people are just getting a one way ticket to you know where.  I wish the police could do more about keeping these people away from the funeral because it is already a sad situation and for them to just bring more sadness to this is crazy.  They "church people" need to put theirselves in their shoes.  You know what if their daughter was killed by her boyfriend, would they want people outside of the funeral protesting about something like that.  People, People, People somebody has got to stop them.  IMMEDIATELY!!!!

MichelleMc
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:03 AM

That group is so sick! The always go to protest Military Members funerals! As if political agenda has any place at a fallen military members funeral. Alot of Military Motorcycle groups will go to run interferrence, but it is sad that they have to! That group needs stopped.

Michelle

~Proud Mom of an Only Child By Choice~ 

Jonathan

Administrator in Moms Of Onlies Group

Proud Teenager, Life Ranked Boy Scout, Scottish Drummer,

Native American Dancing Parent!

Proud Navy Submarine Vets Wife!

american flag ribbonshooting photocelebrityscrapbooking

6babixz
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:08 AM

In El Reno. The news said that in El Reno you have to have a permit to protest and the church has not done that so I feel anyone shows up with signs should be arrested. But they said if anyone comes over the 500 foot mark will be arrested.They said after if any protesters show up El Reno will make a law that they have to be over 1000 ft away. I think if they are gonna make a law protesters should be able to be at funerals at all.

Quoting KaseyHickman:

WHAT THE CRAP!!! Im from Oklahoma where is this going on at? Thats a load of crap they shouldn't let them do that that is awful. She was murdered im so disgusted.grrrr

6babixz
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:11 AM

Quoting MichelleMc:

That group is so sick! The always go to protest Military Members funerals! As if political agenda has any place at a fallen military members funeral. Alot of Military Motorcycle groups will go to run interferrence, but it is sad that they have to! That group needs stopped.

My friend rode with the motorcycle goup you are talking about when "church people" came to our town protesting a soliders funeral.

kachinav4
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:14 AM

The reason they protest is b/c they believe that if someone was murdered it was b/c God was against them. They came across the border to Canada when Tim McClean was beheaded on a Grey hound bus. These ppl are relentless, the border controll ppl were attempting to get them before they came into Canada but they managed to still get here b/c instead of bringing their stuff with them they shipped it. A large amount of Canadians were so disgusted by this that most of the ppl who lived within a couple hours of the funeral site went to stand all the way around the funeral home and join hands this way the family and friends of the man wouldn't have ot see them, they would be a human wall. maybe u should get a bunch of ppl together and do the same. There was such a big deal made about these volunteers that the "church" never made an appearance

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)