Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At what age.....?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:06 AM
  • 6 Replies

My oldest son is 5. He loves to take tubbies. I think he's getting to be too old to have me washing him up. At what age do you show them how to wash themselves up?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kristinaleann
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:08 AM

if i remember right i started on and off at 4.

Hondagirlracr
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:08 AM

I think my son took a tub bath until about 7 or 8. I liked it this way,so I knew he was clean. You know how boys can be about cleaning.

msjtwin
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:09 AM

My kids are two years old and they know how to wash them selves up.  Even though I watch them and than wash them again, just to make sure they are clean.

pam228
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:10 AM

at age 3 my son jake started washing himself with me in the room,by 4 i was outside the door,at 5 he was taking showers. now at 6 i don't even have to tell him,he just goes in and jumps in the shower.

i'm starting to teach my 2yr old son to wash his belly&legs&arms.

mom2ljh
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:11 AM

My son is 19 months old.  I supervise him and make sure he gets everything, but he knows how to wash himself up.  Then I wash his hair.

Amanda~Cloth Diapering, Non-Spanking, Attached Mommy to my little miracle, Landon Joel, born 6 weeks too soon, 6-21-07, former refluxer, multiple food allergies, coolest kid on the block!

Then                                           Now

Miranda926
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:24 AM

My daughter started showering on her own last year, we had a little trouble getting the hair completely washed and or rinsed out for a while but now she's got it.  She is very independant though

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)