Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Argh!!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:31 AM
  • 19 Replies

I woke up this morning to a huge mess! My 6 year old daughter apperently got up at some point last night and decided to make some "peach pops" by herself. Thankfully all she did was pull the yogurt from the fridge ans mix a bunch of those together it would have been an even bigger mess if she had gotten the honey.  But she pulled a bunch of bowls down, my flour sifter that she poured frosted flakes in. She pulled the bucket i use to put the dirty fish tank water in out and put unopened containers of apple sauce in it. There were several blankets on the floor. Our dog Reagan had been let out of her crate and was sleeping in my daughters room,   there was a freezer bag full of dog food on my daughters dresser as well.  I'm afraid to look any closer.  She did go back to her own bed at who knows what time but she is sooooo cranky this morning and fighting me. she will not pick up her mess at all.  I have told her she is not going to a friends birthday party because of her actions.   I'm mad at myself because i slept through it all.  I was so tired last because i had not slept well the night before that i went to bed early last night. Thank goodness she did not go outside or anything else.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3timesoccermom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:33 AM

You must sleep like a rock not to have heard all that activity!

norbert
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:35 AM

Is it possible she was sleep walking??? Does you daughter remember getting up and doing all that stuff?? When I was her age I used to sleep walk all the time.  I don't remember it but my parents report I would get up and make stuff in the kitchen, pack a lunch for school one time I guess I packed the mustard, an onion and a can of frozen juice.  I would get dressed too often weird combinations i.e. a button up shirt and shorts.   I only mention this as it would be wrong to punish her for something she doesn't know she is doing.

LittleBoPeep252

wow, she sounds really creative!

kristinaleann

lol yeah i would have been mad too! Thats a big mess! Good for you for not cleaning it, i would also make her clean it up too.. We have a rule in my house, there is no getting up after told to go to bed. Unless its to the bathroom or something..

pattimarie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:36 AM

You may have a sleep walker!  6 Year old will explore I would help her clean the mess,  show her she has to do but you are her Mom and will help ( I mean you did let her do it, lol,  sorta speaking).  But I would be putting baby monitors in her room and watch the sleep walking thing.  They also make baby gates with alarms.  My friend had steep steps and she actually bought these little alarms you put at the top of doors and when the doors opens it beeps,  so she could hear when her children opened their bedroom doors.  They were pretty loud,  she had one on a storage closet I opened once,  I about peed my pants.  They were pretty cheap too.

Patti Marie
PandTsmomjuly
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:37 AM

If it makes you feel better my 5 yr old and my 18 mo old ran amok yesterday morning. The 18 mo old was sleeping in my bed bc of nightmares too! He got up, woke up his sister and the 2 destroyed my house. He ate some of Daddy's cigarettes, turned off his computer, sent IMs on Yahoo to my sister of periods and spaces, gummed up Daddy's phone so much that it didn't work right and didn't dry out until almost 11pm. SHE decided to help herself to a drink and spilled it, cereal on the table and floor and TV turned WAY up, which is what woke up my HUSBAND who in turn had to wake me up. We have no idea what time they got up but they certainly fell asleep at bedtime just fine....I'm still trying to get my house clean!

*FYI* I am taking a break from all the cleaning and dishes I have gotten done already at 8 am.

psychic test, psychic development and psychic readings
KyliesMom5
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:38 AM

Usually i am a light sleeper but not last night

Quoting 3timesoccermom:

You must sleep like a rock not to have heard all that activity!

KyliesMom5
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:42 AM

she is that

Quoting LittleBoPeep252:

wow, she sounds really creative!

momma2parkerg
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:46 AM

You may have a sleep walker on your hands.  It was six when I started sleep walking.  I would do random things such as this.  It got so bad that my mom had to lock me in my room at night because she found me in the back yard.  I had walked down the steps to the basement(which were very narrow and kind of scary even when awake) and out the basement door.  The sleep walking started not long after my parents very angry divorce.  I eventually had to see a child shrink (don't really remember that much about it).  She said that children that have dealt with some sort of turmoil or major change in their life often have issues with sleep walking.  Anything big change in her life lately? 

KyliesMom5
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:46 AM

We already have a baby gate up going into our living room but i bet I could rig one of those alarms on it. I am going to look for them that is a good idea.  She very well could have been sleep walking and maybe i should set up our video Camera.  

Quoting pattimarie:

You may have a sleep walker!  6 Year old will explore I would help her clean the mess,  show her she has to do but you are her Mom and will help ( I mean you did let her do it, lol,  sorta speaking).  But I would be putting baby monitors in her room and watch the sleep walking thing.  They also make baby gates with alarms.  My friend had steep steps and she actually bought these little alarms you put at the top of doors and when the doors opens it beeps,  so she could hear when her children opened their bedroom doors.  They were pretty loud,  she had one on a storage closet I opened once,  I about peed my pants.  They were pretty cheap too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)