Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Preschool Issues?!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:34 AM
  • 6 Replies

So I am slightly irratated with my son's preschool at the moment. When we had our intial interview with the owner/director she said I wouldn't have to pay for the paid holidays since he would only be coming three days a week, we could pick  the third day for him to come(if the holiday fell on one of the days he would normally go). So, MLK day was a paid holiday and one the days he would normally go. So today I drop him off and ask since the school was closed on Monday could he come tomorrow to make up for the third day I paid for. She says yes but I would have to pay for a fourth day. Well one of the teachers asked for me b/c the owner has her own class of kids. I tried to explain to her that he was part-time and what the owner and I discussed and blah, blah. Well she keeps saying that Monday was a paid holiday. So I go home and find the paper where the owner had crossed off all the paid holidays. Here is my problem, I work the second shift so my mom will be the one to pick him up. Is it okay to basically have her argue that for me taking in the paper with the paid holidays crossed off? I would call, but like I said, the owner has her own class and won't be able to call me back until I have already left for work. 

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
norbert
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Sure it's okay to have your mom do it as long as she is comfortable with it.  If not just let her know that you will talk with them in the morning.  It's possible that the teacher will talk with the owner and find out what you already told her is true. So that when you mom picks up your little one it will already be worked out.

nurbabe82
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Thanks. Just wasn't sure if it would seem immature or not.

Quoting norbert:

Sure it's okay to have your mom do it as long as she is comfortable with it.  If not just let her know that you will talk with them in the morning.  It's possible that the teacher will talk with the owner and find out what you already told her is true. So that when you mom picks up your little one it will already be worked out.

mamamia819
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:40 AM

No, I would not have your Mom do it. It doesn't matter if the director is a teacher too, it is her job to talk to you about these things. If need be, call and leave a message, and she can call you back when it is convenient for her. You are the one who discussed this with her, signed the contract and are paying the bill, you should be the one to do this now, not your Mom.JMO

Miranda926
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:45 AM

I think its fine to have your mom argue it out.  As long as mom agrees and knows exactly whats going on, why should it matter who hashes it out.  The director made you a deal, and she should stick to what she said for sure.  It may just be a matter of miscommunication on the teachers part though, so don't get too angry yet lol.

macmom3
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:48 AM

I think you should talk to the director. That way there is no confusion on what is happening. It its the director's job to run the pre-school, even if she has her own class. As a paying parent, if you have a concern she should be availble to discuss it with you. I understand she has a responsiblilty to the children in her class, but she has a responsibility to you also. If your job   starts when she'll still in class and she knows you need to talk to her she should make arrangments for someone to take over her class for 10 mins.

Lordgivemewizdm
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:15 PM

Unless your mom was an eyewitness, it is wiser to handle your own business affairs.  More than likely the owner may insist that she speak directly with you.

Quoting macmom3:

I think you should talk to the director. That way there is no confusion on what is happening. It its the director's job to run the pre-school, even if she has her own class. As a paying parent, if you have a concern she should be availble to discuss it with you. I understand she has a responsiblilty to the children in her class, but she has a responsibility to you also. If your job   starts when she'll still in class and she knows you need to talk to her she should make arrangments for someone to take over her class for 10 mins.

Lordgivmewizdom
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)