Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate all banks-venting

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:02 AM
  • 10 Replies

So I'm semi-homicidal at this point today. I just can't stand any of the banks around here. You never really know how important something stupid like your bank is until you have to deal with all this crap.

My old bank sucks. The ladies there are lazy & rude. Basically anything short of giving them a deposit slip that is perfectly done, is too much work for you. They get rude when I ask for a pen, they get rude when I need to cash a check larger than $400, they get rude when I don't have anymore deposit slips, they get rude when I ask for more deposit slips. The list really could go on. They've gone so lazy over the last 5 months that I'm surprised I'm not suppose to go in and enter my transactions myself.

So what do I do, I go find another bank. Now it took me forever b/c I hate switchings banks & this is why. I ask around find a nice local bank that ppl I know go to. And what happens, I can't get access to my money. Now yes I can go up to the bank & get money out but can I get online to check my account-NO. I get an email about my estatment, "just follow these simple instructions if this is your first estatement with us". Can I view my statement-NO. B/c my password is not right. The password they told me to put in b/c I've never set it myself. So I go to try again to log online but I can remember my password.

Oh thats okay I'l just type in my username & click "forgot my password". So after typing in my account number, email address, and last 4 of my social-does it let me reset my password-NO. It says I have to call the main office. So I do & no ones there, at 9:00 in the freaking morning. God I'm so frustrated at this point. I'm gonna start keeping my money under my mattress like normal crazy ppl.

If you really read all this thank you for letting me vent.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaseyHickman
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:06 AM

LMAO Im only laughing at the part where you said you were going to keep your money under your mattress. Im sorry you are going through this. Ive dealt with the computer thing a time or too.

A Mother to Andrew and a Wife to Kyle

toddler boyin love

acmjmom28
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:09 AM

I understand completely.  It seems like all the tellers want to do is sit on those little stools and talk to each other and if you come up they give you this look like you just ruined their whole day.  We actually had a lady calling and harrassing us from one bank because we were having some money problems at one time, we talked to the bank manager because we didn't have  money for a payment one month.  Well she kept calling and calling us and then called my father's house and discussed our situation with him and gave him the account numbers.  His name was no where on the loan at all.  But do you think she got fired for that? No just a little slap on the wrist. 

So yes I feel you totally.

mysteriousmom06
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:21 AM

That would be like. But of course I live in the middle of nowhere & the closes credit union is like 25 minutes away.

Quoting motherofhope98:

This is why I use a local Credit Union.  No Fees. Only minimum balance is $5 in a savings account. Don't need a deposit slip. I often use a sticky note with the amount & account number on it.  Better rates too.

raerae1011
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:26 AM

didn't the bank have an 800 number to call for customer service??

KyliesMom5
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:29 AM

I feel for ya.  i have had my fair share of problems with banks. i have had an account with a credit union for the past 6 years and love them. i will never go to a regular bank again if i can help it.   Several years ago when first union bought out signet bank they took my dads name off of my parents checking account that they had had together for many, many years at signet and put my name on it.  All because my dad and i had the same initials and middle name.   It was so stupid i had other  problems with First union but that was the main one.  3 years later after i had taken my money out of First union this guys calls From first union asking about this account because apparently my name was still on it.   Then Wachovia and First Union merged and guess what Wachovia wouldn't let my dad use his own account because they claimed his name was never on it but mine was.  It took some time but they finally got their act together especially when my dad mentioned he was a lawyer.   I had had an account at a local bank and had no problems with them until i got married. It did not matter how many times i had them change the name on my account they would change it back and they added my husband name to my savings account with out permission he was only supposed to added to my checking account. 

mamamia819
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Instead of calling the main office, call your local branch directly. That's what I do, and the ladies there are really nice and helpful....at least at my bank they are.

mysteriousmom06
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Nope, it just a local bank so the main branch is the only number to call for help. And look, its been half an hour and do you think anyone has called me-again NO

Quoting raerae1011:

didn't the bank have an 800 number to call for customer service??

mysteriousmom06
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:21 AM

I followed your advice and the ladies at my bank couldn't help. The only advice they had was to call the other office every 15 minutes. Not really happy with that response. I was thinking if I could just get past this computer problem I would be okay but now I'm having second thoughts.

Quoting mamamia819:

Instead of calling the main office, call your local branch directly. That's what I do, and the ladies there are really nice and helpful....at least at my bank they are.

littlemissyjen
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:26 AM

I love Bank of the Sierra here in my town. They are all so nice. I've had that computer problem too. Sorry you have been having such a hard time. Hang in there.

I laughed at the "normal crazy" people hahaha!

Photobucket
shannonmarie77
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:30 AM

This just happened to me this morning.  Hubby and I have separate accounts but we sign together on our mortgage and some other loans.  I went to check if a bill came out of his account and I mistyped the stupid password and it froze it.  So I called the bank, gave them both our info and the lady said that she could not reset it because I was not on his bank account. 

Okay his account is linked to mine online, I can move money back and forth between accounts and I am a signer on the mortgage and several other loans that are hooked to his account.  She was like sorry you are ONLY a signer on the mortgage and the other loans so I can not do it.  What?  So I am good enough to pay for the huge debt of a home and all the other stuff, but not good enough to reset a password.  I know all hubbys info, did I just pull his SSN# and all that crap out of my butt?  So now he has to try to call when he gets home from work before they close. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)