Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my nine year old doesn't care..updated in a post reply

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:21 AM
  • 5 Replies

Okay he is my oldest son, so everything that he is going through is new to me. He went from an all AB student to (we moved to a new school this year) to mostly F's with a couple D's. I have done everything so make this transition the smoothest. we are almost to his 3 marking period here. he did start at the beggining of the school year. he is very unorganized. he never seems to have homework ect. he fights me non stop about everything i ask him to do for school ect.

he is very argumentitve. he constantly pics on his sister. he lies and is very untrustworthy. this behavior started when he turned nine and started school this year. i just want to break down and cry. sometimes i feel like i just want to say screw it to but i know i can not i will not let my child down that is why i need some suggestions.

he just doesn't act like he cares how can i make him? trust me hes been grounded from everything ect.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MAyers
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:29 AM

Maybe something happened at school that he's not telling you about. When I was 13 we moved it was very hard on me. The kids picked on me a lot b/c of who my mom's bf was, and the fact that I didn't have a dad around. Maybe if he wont talk to you, you could talk to the school counselor and see if he/she can talk to him, and help him out. good luck!

zoyesmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:33 AM

That is crazy! but it could be the school change.....

(((Also alll the schools here grade with E, S, and D.... until there in 7th grade... )))... lol

(((My 13 year old sister is in 7thgrade... her school DOESNT BELIEVE IN HOMEWORK! <--Sorry off topic it jus kinda made me think of it! omg a school that doesnt believe in homework!?!?!?! omg!)))

GOOD LUCK HOPE HE PULLS HIS GRADES UP SOON!!!!

nurbabe82
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:36 AM

I would be calling the school and making an appt with the teacher to see how his behavior is there and if there any issues. And I would also talk to the teacher about setting something up so you know what homework he has and when and all that good stuff. With that you just have to a step a head of him. Maybe request he doesn't get to go to recess until his grades are brought up. I don't have any kids his age and will be some time before my son is that age. My mom used to make me write sentences(pertaining to what I had done wrong) until my hand fell off. And they were long sentences. And if they weren't in my best handwriting she would throw the paper out and I would have to start all over again and I wasn't allowed to get up until they were done(like 100 sentences). IDK here is a bump b/c like I said my son is a ways from being 9.

blueyez12107
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:44 AM

i have contacted the teacher that wourked for two weeks hes been inside for recess also for quite sometime trust me. i have called the schol counselor i haven't heard back from her.  i think i have thought of many things already these common sense ideas don't work that is why i thought maybe someone else has went through this and had a better solution.

blueyez12107
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:45 AM

i also called the principle and suggested a tutor or something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)