Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone ever...

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:30 AM
  • 4 Replies

I bought a double stroller off Craigslist... it is in good condition but it needed to be washed. I decided to unsnap and unscrew the seats and the basket and I threw them in the washing machine. Has anyone done that or would you have done that?

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Like to clean? Need to clean? Join my group!

Getting Clean & Staying Clean!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jillbailey26
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:32 AM

It's a pain, but yes I've done it.  Just remember what screw goes where so you can put it back together....lol.  Once you unscrew and remove the fabric, screw or snap whatever it is back into the same spot.

~Jill~

Lukez_momma
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:34 AM

I've done it. I had to mark which screws went where with a little diagram for myself cause the first time it took me an hour to put it all back together.

mommytoG
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:34 AM

I have done that, and yes its a pain, but ours needed it. It was in the garage for 2 weeks and some how grew mold., not sure  how , but it did. Wash your is hot water and the hang to dry, never put in the dryer, it could shirnk

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:38 AM

That was going to be my next question... I was thinking of putting it in the dryer on tumble with no heat then putting it back on... we live in an apartment and I brought the stroller upstairs in my kitchen because it's too cold to wash outside.

Quoting mommytoG:

I have done that, and yes its a pain, but ours needed it. It was in the garage for 2 weeks and some how grew mold., not sure  how , but it did. Wash your is hot water and the hang to dry, never put in the dryer, it could shirnk

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Like to clean? Need to clean? Join my group!

Getting Clean & Staying Clean!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)