Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do u have PCOS?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:47 AM
  • 6 Replies

Maybe you can enlighten me....I was told I have PCOS almost 3 years ago when we were TTC. I was on the regualar pill from age 20-26 and we TTC for a year and needed help. After having my DD I went on the mini pill b/c of nursing....was on that for 1 1/2 years and never had AF during that time. I stopped taking it before X-MAS and had slight bleeding on 1/7 (for only a day) and now I have AF again.

My cycles were never normal and the pill regulated me. Am I to assume that I will be getting AF own my own now?

toddler girlI love my FIONA JADE------Chrissy = Gemini, SAHM, Extended Nurser, Vaccinating, Obama Mama,Pro-Choice, Dog Lover (I heart my fur baby Bodhi), wife to a green card holding Latin lover, Mom to Fiona Jade our only child by choice! 

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SCmommy106
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:51 AM

I have pcos and the only time I ever had regular periods was when I was on the pill. I stopped taking almost a year ago and I have had maybe 4 periods. Once they were right on top of each other the last 2 have been months apart. I never know when I'm gonna get my period.

raerae1011
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:54 AM

i have PCOS.  i'm on bc now just to regulate myself so i have a period every month.  my PCOS is caused by hormone imbalance.  so taking bc is working.  i wouldn't assume getting af on your own from now on.  you may or you may not.  all depends on what your body wants to do.  i'm hoping after i stop taking bc for the regulation, that i can get pregnant without taking metaformin or clomid.  but who knows, i may just have to.

SCmommy106
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:12 AM

I know what you mean, I plan to go back on BC in hopes to regulate my cycle then stop so I can get pregnant without other medications too. Thats all in the future though, we can't afford another child for at least 3 years

Quoting raerae1011:

i have PCOS. i'm on bc now just to regulate myself so i have a period every month. my PCOS is caused by hormone imbalance. so taking bc is working. i wouldn't assume getting af on your own from now on. you may or you may not. all depends on what your body wants to do. i'm hoping after i stop taking bc for the regulation, that i can get pregnant without taking metaformin or clomid. but who knows, i may just have to.

Fionas_Mom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:26 AM

I got off the mini pill just to be off a pill, my hubby is getting snipped in the spring so only one child for us....she's all we can afford really!

toddler girlI love my FIONA JADE------Chrissy = Gemini, SAHM, Extended Nurser, Vaccinating, Obama Mama,Pro-Choice, Dog Lover (I heart my fur baby Bodhi), wife to a green card holding Latin lover, Mom to Fiona Jade our only child by choice! 

SCmommy106
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:30 AM

We are leaning twords only having one child too simply because in the long run it will easier finacially. It's just hard though because everyone expects us to have at least one more.

Quoting Fionas_Mom:

I got off the mini pill just to be off a pill, my hubby is getting snipped in the spring so only one child for us....she's all we can afford really!

Fionas_Mom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Yeah my friends/family always say when are u giving Fiona a sibling and I say we arent...r u going tohelp pay for it...lol!!!

Quoting SCmommy106:

We are leaning twords only having one child too simply because in the long run it will easier finacially. It's just hard though because everyone expects us to have at least one more.

Quoting Fionas_Mom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)