Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

flat spot

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:50 AM
  • 1 Replies

Hi I was wondering if anyone is having this problem well my son is 2months and i noticed the back of his head on one side is begining to be flat, i brought this up to his doctor yesterday and he suggested physical therepy to get him to strech his neck muscles and try to get him to lay the other way. for me its too hard because when i lay him down he goes right to laying on the side thats flat i try to get him to lay the other way but its not working any suggestions would be helpful.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
4LifeTupperware
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:57 AM

We had the same trouble with our little one... we had to come up with ways to "make" him lay different and we also had to do PT because he wasn't looking one way... he is 11 months old now, and I can't think of what way he could look...   anyway he was in PT 3 times a week for a month, and then 2 times a week for a month then she said we didn't need to come back

His muscles were to tight in his neck on one said, so it was hard for him to look one way.. it's easy PT, just a few fun things to do with him daily.   It's better to start working on it now then it getting really bad and your little one having to wear a helmet to get the head back into shape

If you have any questions feel free to ask me or msg me

Melanie, Wife for 14 years and a Mom, to 13 year old daughter, 10 year old son, 3 year old son, 11 month old son and two angel babies that would also be 11 months old, and Tupperware Consultant!   "Only one life, will soon be passed, only what's done for Christ will last."          

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)