Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

15 month whines constantly when he don't get his way

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:55 AM
  • 2 Replies

How do you stop a 15 month old from whining when he don't get his way? Its been his way or hiway lately and I don't know what to do? I'm at my wits end, I worked a seasonal job for the holidays and now I am a SAHM again, and my DH don't understand, sometimes.  I tell him no and he cries and whines or he decides to hit me.  Can someone please give me some advice??

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mymichelle2002
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Ignore him. Don't even LOOK at him. He does this because he can, simple as that. Put him in time out, in the chair or couch..., facing the window, AWAY from the tv, away from everything else, no toys, no nothing, and don't let him know that you're looking at him.

ottosmommy06
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:06 AM
tell him that if he doesnt use his words you are going to ignore him, then walk away. i did that with my son and he started telling me, showing me, or signaling to me what it is he wanted. they whine b/c they are frustrated that they want something and dont know how to express it with words. its cute when he calms down and comes into the kitchen, grabs my hand and shows me what he wants. he started doing that at about 18 months. before then he was pretty bad at whining and screaming, but i kept at it telling him to use his words. now he communicates perfectly. he's 2 now.
Free BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree Blinkies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)