Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I know why

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:39 AM
  • 8 Replies

Well here goes I believe we have figured out why my son has been crying when I take him to school and that is because they tell him "No" and he does not like it.  Now do not get me wrong he is told no at home but he is an only child so he does have more freedom.  He was fine until he was told he had to wait to do something and then he started crying and asking to go home.  I told him he was not going home and explained to him in the best way you can explain to a 4 yr old that we do not always get our way!  Any suggestions and I assure you he does not rule our house in any way.  Thanks

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
barrier
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:04 PM

bump

adahmama
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:05 PM

My DD is 11 months and she definately rules our house - I'm scared of what she's gonna be like when she's four!!

BUMP!

samanthasmom05
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:06 PM

The Only Thing I Can Say Is Tell Him More Often NO Then Maybe He Will Be Used To It. But Its Hard Because My Daughter Is Like That Too.. Shes The Only Child Right Now And Gets A Ton Of Freedom. So Maybe We Both Need A BUMP LoL Good Luck.

calkins
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Thanks I am just at a loss.  I never give in.  I do not know what to do.

norbert
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Does he have to be in school right now?? The reason I ask is maybe he just isn't emotionally mature enough to handle it?? I waited with my son until 6 to send him to Kindergarten. He would have been able to handle it intellectually at 5 but he wasn't emotionally mature enough at 5.  My daughter on the other hand would have been fine at 4 and she has to wait because her birthday is after the cut off date.

mommytoG
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:16 PM

You have to stay strong and not give in. Maybe talk to the teacher and see what she can to help while in the classroom. Like maybe suggest they play with ever for a few minutes and then someone else gets a turn. He will get used to it. Maybe try it at home too and show him that everything is not his and he has to share.

I have an almost 3 yr old and he doesnt like to share either but he is getting better over time.

ELnEMsMommy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Try doing more activies with other children with him so you are there to teach him what it means to take turns, etc.

Jess~Mommy to 3 girls

Ella Delaney    Emily Gracyn  Ensly Reagan

calkins
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Sorry he is in preschool/ daycare.  My husband and I both work 5 days a week so yes he does have to go to daycare.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)