Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tax Time

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:41 AM
  • 18 Replies

Poll

Question: What are you getting back??

Options:

The satisfaction of knowing they are paid for another year.....

0-500

501-1000

1001-1500

1501-2500

2501-3500

More than 3501

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 31

View Results

Is anyone suprised at how much they are getting back??? Disappointed?? Worried?

Frankly Im suprised. We make about double what we made last year and are getting back about double what we got back last year. I swore we would get about half. Its nice to know that can we not only get what we wanted with them but we can actually put a VERY nice chunk in savings!!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gypsydancer7
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Also, small reminder: Dont forget to claim the stimulus payment you recieved (if you got it)

dosthepost
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:47 AM

We've got a lot so extra credits this year, like a First time homebuyers credit, EIC, and rebate credit from what they left out of our stimulus... we're getting back over 13 grand.

sgilbert211
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:49 AM

We haven't filed yet but why does everyone want to know what everyone else is getting back? I think it's personal information. Epecially sharing your and SO's salary.

SAHM of 2 formula fed, fully vaxed,

non co-sleeping, PERFECT kids!

dosthepost
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:51 AM

then don't tell.

Quoting sgilbert211:

We haven't filed yet but why does everyone want to know what everyone else is getting back? I think it's personal information. Epecially sharing your and SO's salary.

sgilbert211
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:52 AM

DUH!!! Thank you Captain Obvious.

Quoting dosthepost:

then don't tell.

Quoting sgilbert211:

dosthepost
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:55 AM

well ya know, its also obvious thay taxes is personal info.

Quoting sgilbert211:

Quoting dosthepost:

then don't tell.

Quoting sgilbert211:

gypsydancer7
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Curiosity...if you dont want to share....dont.

I didnt disclose how much we make and no one can see how you vote in the poll....

Quoting sgilbert211:

jenjobrien
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:33 AM

I agree. If you dont like it dont read the post and dont share your info.  No one is making you and you cant control what others do either.  So just dont respond to the post if you dont agree.

Quoting dosthepost:

well ya know, its also obvious thay taxes is personal info.

Quoting sgilbert211:

Quoting dosthepost:

then don't tell.

Quoting sgilbert211:

sgilbert211
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:35 AM

Quoting gypsydancer7:

Curiosity...if you dont want to share....dont.

I didnt disclose how much we make and no one can see how you vote in the poll....

Quoting sgilbert211:

I was just being curious too I guessj. I have been seeing posts all over CafeMom with others moms wanted to know everyone's refund amount, tax credits and salaries. It just seems like America has gotten to the point where everyone expects huge refunds. I have even known a few moms who have had kids just for the tax credit. I have even known moms to go as far as scheduling c-sections before 12/31 just to get that extra credit for the year. Tax season gets people all crazy I guess!

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:38 AM

I'm excited and disappointed by how much we're getting back. It's a lot more than we've ever gotten before...but I was under the impression that we would be getting more since we had the baby. I thought the child tax credit was somewhere around $2500 (that's what I was told by other people with kids...), but the calculator I did only shows that we're getting a $900 child tax credit. My friend says hers shows $2500 for her child though. I'm not sure why that is....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)