Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stick it out, or start looking ....?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:45 AM
  • 10 Replies

I HATE my job. I absolutely dread coming here everyday. I work as a Paralegal for an Insurance Defense Law firm.  I get treated like garbage - not to mention i'm overworked and underpaid.  They just laid off the other Paralegal here so i'm now by myself with two other fulltime attorneys (we have other offices so some of the attorneys from the other offices come to ours part time). Anyways, I'm miserable here. I want a job where i'm helping people.. or atleast doing something meaninful.  Alot of insurance companies rip people off - and my job is to work for these insurance companies. It's terrible.  I saw a job positing for a medical office assistant for a pediatrician and it said that you didnt need experience, that they would train the right candidate for the job. I immediately became soo interested in this position! And the hours were great - mon,tues,thurs,fri 8-5pm and wens. was only 8-12pm! Theyre closed everyday from 12-1pm for lunch. Theyre looking for someone dependable and friendly.. and the pay was the same or even more than what i'm making here! I applied. I don't know if they'll even call me but i applied anyways because if my chance i get lucky,i'll be so happy!

If you were in my position, would you just stick it out and be thankful that you have a job (which i am, by the way) or just look around for something that might make you happier? 

I thought about it, and i think it's really just the job field that i'm in that makes me miserable.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2lizzie
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Honestly honey, I would stick it out for now, if my family depended on the income.  Sooner or later this economy HAS to get better and there will be more jobs.  Definately look around, you never know what you might find,  but be cautious.  There is a saying ... "last one in, is the first one out.." don't take any job that doesnt seem stable or is "temp" work.  I hope it works out for you.  I work in finiance and I pray the economy gets better soon.

pd4now82
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:49 AM

I would have started looking too.....  Hope you get a call back from the pediatrician's office!  GL!

macmom3
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:52 AM

It never hurts to see whats out there. If your not happy, keep working were you are until the right job comes along. Good Luck!!!

Nenasam
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:55 AM

it's true!!  I used to work in a plpace that I wasn't happy, but I stopped when I got another chance.

Quoting macmom3:

It never hurts to see whats out there. If your not happy, keep working were you are until the right job comes along. Good Luck!!!

livsmama1003
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:23 PM

thanks guys..

jenjobrien
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Looking for something else isnt going to hurt anything.  If youre that miserable youll end up finding reasons to quit anyway.  I was in your situation not too long ago.  I ended up quitting and being a SAHM. Im glad I did it.

rain1128
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Look for something else while you are still at your current job. Life is too short to be unhappy.

doodles22
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:35 PM

i agree

Quoting rain1128:

Look for something else while you are still at your current job. Life is too short to be unhappy.

livsmama1003
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:48 PM

ohh i wish i could be a SAHM!

Quoting jenjobrien:

Looking for something else isnt going to hurt anything.  If youre that miserable youll end up finding reasons to quit anyway.  I was in your situation not too long ago.  I ended up quitting and being a SAHM. Im glad I did it.

KChmiel
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:48 PM

I would start looking.  Life is too short to be that unhappy at work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)