Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When should her teeth come in??

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:15 AM
  • 8 Replies

My DD is eight months old and she still doesn't have any teeth coming in. She chews on stuff constantly but still no teeth. I don't really know how to tell if one is coming in but I check all the time and she still doesn't have any. When did your kids get their first tooth? Is this normal?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Geminiashes
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:17 AM

my son has been chewing on everything, pulling away from the bottle, drooling etc, for over a month.  i have no idea when they are comming in, but he definitly shows all the signs of teething!  he's half your child's age though lol

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

zoyesmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:17 AM

My daughter Zoye is 8 months old now in October she had her 2 bottom front teeth.. and now January shes gettin her 2 front top teeth!!!!

arickasmommy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:19 AM

my DD is 10 months and no teeth.. and no signs of teething... from what i heard its all genetics.. i didn't cut my baby teeth till 10 months so i guess thats why she is a late teether.. i also heard that they seem to handle it better when they are older...don't worry.. my ped said that its normal for some to not get there first teeth to after a year..

AngelicaRenee
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:21 AM

my son got his first tooth at 8 month but i knew this baby who was 14 months and didn't have any. trust me you will know when the tooth is coming, you will be able to see it under the gums as it's getting close to breaking through

tee3378
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:22 AM

My daughter Aaliyah had her first two buttom teeth when she was about 6 months she is 13 months now and got 8 teeth,but every child is different.

pd4now82
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:23 AM

My dd didn't cut her first tooth until she was seven months, but she was drooling and chewing on things more excessively for two months before it cut through.   I felt the "nubby" of where the teeth were going to cut through at least two to three weeks before the tooth cut with the first few teeth.

I wouldn't be worried about your dd not having teeth yet.  Each child is different.  I've known babies that were cutting teeth at three and four months, and still others who didn't get their first tooth until they were 13 months old.   Anything's possible.

DH didn't get his first tooth until he was five months, and mine didn't come until I was nearly 14 months.

shining_star
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:28 AM

my daughter is 10 months old. she got her 2 bottom teeth at 3 months. the top 2 at 5 months. the 2 on the sides of the top 2 when she was 8 months old and 1 on the side of one of the bottom teeth at 9 months old. so  she already has 7 teeth.

mommy2karsyn
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:29 AM

My daughter didn't get her first tooth until she was 9 months...and she got her top 2 first, which is a little out of order...lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)