Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I take her to the Doctor?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:37 AM
  • 10 Replies

My 19month old DD has a runny nose (green) and just this morning started coughing. I don't hear any flim or anything trying to come up. She has no fever. She is playing well and in good spirits. I did give her a half dose of Children's Tylenol. Do you think that I should take her to her Peditrician? I am asking because we are in between Peds (because of moving).

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenjobrien
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Not for a runny nose and slight cough.  Youd be there every week!  If she gets a fever or starts coughing pretty bad you might want to take her tho.

naturalmom86
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Thank you. I feel silly but to be honest she has NEVER been sick.

Quoting jenjobrien:

Not for a runny nose and slight cough.  Youd be there every week!  If she gets a fever or starts coughing pretty bad you might want to take her tho.

sgilbert211
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Quoting jenjobrien:

I agree! It's probably just a cold and the ped won't do anything for it. And you'd be exposing her to even more yucky germs.

SAHM of 2 formula fed, fully vaxed,

non co-sleeping, PERFECT kids!

Nenasam
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:44 AM

If she doesn't have any fever, shet should be ok, and you just gave her Tylenol. I would wait and See if she get any fever later on today in order to bring her to ped.

pattimarie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:45 AM

Don't give her Tylenol for a running nose and cough!  Tylenol is for pain or fever which yousaid she doesn't have!

Patti Marie
jenjobrien
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:45 AM

I know its hard not to worry isnt it?  She'll be ok.  I hope she feels better soon!

Quoting naturalmom86:

Thank you. I feel silly but to be honest she has NEVER been sick.

Quoting jenjobrien:

naturalmom86
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:46 AM

I only gave it to her because the nurse on call told me to...

Last night she was very fussy and not feeling well...that was apparent...so the nurse on call told me to give her Tylenol.

Quoting pattimarie:

Don't give her Tylenol for a running nose and cough!  Tylenol is for pain or fever which yousaid she doesn't have!

jenjobrien
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Quoting pattimarie:

Dont they make cold meds tho? Maybe thats what she used.

naturalmom86
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:47 AM

On the back it says to relieve cold symptoms. I was trying to help her to feel a little better.

Quoting jenjobrien:

Quoting pattimarie:

Dont they make cold meds tho? Maybe thats what she used.

Dannee
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:48 AM

No doctor here...try to check her lungs..

Last cold my daughter had..I did take her to the doctor because it lasted more than 4 days...and she had a wheeze in her lungs...

I am not trying to scare you by far....

If she has it longer than 4 days I would take her to see the doctor..and trust me I am not one who runs to the doctors offices especially this time of

the year with all the flu's going around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)