Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you regret getting your tubes tied? ~poll added~

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:14 PM
  • 17 Replies

Poll

Question: do you regret getting your tubes tied?

Options:

yes, every day

sometimes

no

im glad i did it!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 7

View Results

when i got pregnant with my second son i decided to get my tubes tied, but then shit happened i left my husband we got divorced and when i had our son my dr talked me out of getting them tied.

im still considering it because i really dont want anymore kids at this point in time. but i am only 23 and divorced and these are the reason why my dr talked me out of it.

so my question to you ladies is if your tubes are tied do you regret it...or if you decided to not get your tubes tied do you regret not getting it done?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wells75904
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:15 PM

I do not regret it, for one reason only because of my health problems I could die if I got pregnant again, otherwise I would have NEVER got them tied, I am 24 and have 3 kids, we wanted more, but we are going to adopt

I am a PROUD Vaccinating, Pro-Bush, Pro War, Circumcising, Spanking, Formula Feeding (by choice), CIO,  FORWARD Facing before 12mo, republican voting, disposable diapering, buying junk food with my food stamps, Frugal, Public school sending, PRO LIFE under ALL circumstances (abortion is murder), anti-gay marriage, Israel Supporting, Church going, Christian SAHM mom who knows the bible is literal truth from cover to cover.  I don't tip unless you EARN it, you don't get a tip just because you don't make that much money so learn to wait on me good or find another job with a guaranteed income. None of this makes me a bad mama any more than your decisions make you one.

MamaCeleste0722
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:16 PM

I had my tubes tied after my twins were born (I also have a daughter). Yeah, I do regret it. I feel sad that I am "done".  I thought after my twins, I wouldn't want any more children, but to be honest, I would have loved having one more.

I also think about what if something happens to my husband, if we get divorced.

ChazznRoccosmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:18 PM

I only got it done four months ago. As of now, I don't know if it was right or not. I only did it because my husband was 100% sure he didn't want more. I know I wouldn't ever want kids with a nother man. Maybe look into the IUD

Chazz     Rocco    Joey

baby boybaby boybaby boy

06-24-02   09-05-05   09-15-08

texas1981
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:20 PM

I do sometimes, but I had my oldest son from my first marriage then we got divorced and had two more kids from my second marriage and that relationship seemed like it was going to end when I was pregnant with my last baby, so after I had her I did it. I didn't think it was going to work out so I thought to myself I cant keep having kids from different men. But me and my husband worked everything out and now I do sometimes wish we can have another baby. But what can you do.

labonte43
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:25 PM

I haven't had my tubes tied yet, i am now 3 weeks post-partum with baby # 5, and i was supposed to get them done after i had my daughter but my Dr. left for vacation the day after i delivered her so i am still waiting for him to get back. But since she was born i have been having second thoughts, wondering "what if we had just one more"? I am 36 and i don't really want any more children i have my hands full now, but i am not sure if i can make it so..... final, I just don't know how i will react to NOT having the option if i wanted to. My husband and i have always said we will just have as many as the Lord will allow us to have, well after seeing the Duggars i have rethought that!!!lol plus we really can't afford any more, it's sad to think i won't be having any more babies because we just can't afford to. I guess i will be happy with the 5 i have and be thankful the Lord has blessed us to the extent he has. and be thankful we have the children we do have since there are so many people out there that can't have children at all.  Sorry i went on for so long, i am curious to see the other answers. have a great day and good luck in what ever you decide.

Liluckyducky7
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Im 22 and have had mine done for a year and 1/2 almost.  I do not regret it... I had my kids early b/c when im around the time of 40ish I want to travel. We really only want the two we have and SD I don't think I could handle another child. He left the choice up to me sense it is my body and I did it more for myself than him. We did decide though if we are ment to have another kid we will end up with one some how lol. If we really want another in the future and we are financially ready for it then we will adopt...no need to bring another one into this messed up world when you can save one to begin with  :-)

NicksBabygirl
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:37 PM

I haven't got it done yet. I am pregnant with my 4th baby, but it is number 5 between the 2 of us cause we each have one from our first marriages and this is number 3 together. I am getting it done in april when I have my c-section done. I hopw I will not regret it.

samanthasmom05
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Well To Be Honest I Never Got My Tubes Tied But...

My  Best Friend Did And She Really Regrets Doing It..She Had Them Cut, Tied & Burned And Has A 6 Year Old Son & A 7 Year Old Son That Has Full Blown Cerebal Palsy That I Take Care Of And Now Shes Remarried To A Black Male And Wants To Have Kids Again And Regrets It Cause Now She Has To Find Someone That Will Carry One For Her And She Has A Hard Time Doing It. I Mean I Know Alot Of People That Do Regret It. Its Up To You Though.

Good Luck.

misamores96
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:55 PM

I soooooo regret it.

I am 32 yrs. old I have 3 kids 9,5,3 but had them all c-section and didn't want to have the fourth c-section so hubby and I came to a conclusion that we didn't want anything happening to me if we had the fourth. We knew technology is good but still didn't want to risk it.

We had also agreed that we were done having kids by 30, but I wish we could of had another one.

You are way to young.

TBKSuperMama
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:17 PM

i so regret getting my tubes tied. I had them done when my baby was 2 mos. old and now he is 2 and the oldest is 4 and they are both boys.

I would love to have had a girl too but it wasn't in my cards. I have been reading up on getting a tubal reversal so maybe when Blake gets 5 we'll further look into that.

There is no greater love than the love a mommy has for her boys! 

Trace                                           Blake

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)