Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mirena

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:56 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am currently thinking about switching from the patch to Mirena, For anyone is currently using or had used it what are your likes or dislikes?? Thanks!

Melanie

Come join my group!

PROUD YOUNG MOMMIES

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mills502
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:00 PM

have had mine for a year now.  Love it and totally recommend it!  Just a little spotting about that time of the month

darcie0904
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:06 PM

I am on my second Mirena and I love it.  I first got it inserted after my third child was born and I kept it in for the entire 5 years.  Had one period the entire time.  After the birth of my fourth child, I had another one inserted and I have had different results this time.  I did bleed on and off for the first 3 months which it clearly states and once I reached the 3 month mark, I have been period free since.  I am horrible at remembering to take a pill everyday and this was recommended by my midwife.  When my five years is up with this one, I will more than likely have a third one inserted.  I was able to conceive my fourth child with in 3 months of having it removed. 

MomOf2Boys87
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:09 PM

I would say that you should research it. July will make one year that I have had it and I have had some rough times with it. After I had my second I lost all my baby weight and then some, and then I got the Mirena and I blew up like a blimp and I'm heavier than I was while 9 months preg! And I am still on the exact same diet I was on after my 2nd. Also, I have been in the ER 2 times due to horrible cramps. But, there are also the pros. I don't have a period anymore, and if I do it's only a day. Every body is different though so.. you might just want to research a little. 

*~Amber~*-  21 yr old;  2 time c-section having;  non married; two different fathers; formula bottle feeding cause I couldn't BF; circumcising; non-co-sleeping;  disposable diapering;  on time vaxing; spanking; boo - boo kissing, PRO-LIFE; cursing like a sailor; chunky dunking;  full time SAHM mommy to Hayden && Maliki                                                   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)