Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

legal help (piog) no bashing!!!! update

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:57 PM
  • 11 Replies

ok heres the situation. Back in 06 when i first started living with my so, i got a domestic violence charge. It was from the Police 'seeing' me hit my boyfriend. He was trying to take my car, phone, and all the money i had to go party. I said no your not leaving followed him outside, he pushed me away from him, i fell, got up, and hit him back for pushing me. A cop happens to drive by and comes and arrests me saying, i hit bruce (so)  and now im stuck with a dv charge (and to be honest, when i went to hit him. i didnt even connect, i just swung at him. I went to anger managment and was on probation for one yr. I realize now, how dumb i was back then (i was 21 and very immature) and now im stuck with it.

How would i get this charge expunged? i dont even know where to begin. im not a violent person and i dont have a bad temper. i have been turned away from great jobs because of this and i want it to go away. if anyone could help me, that would be fantastic....

ok i found something from my state about it, but its all legal jargon..so im confused. It says something about 3 yrs if you did everything you were ordered to do, 5 yrs for other things. Ill have to call a lawyer now, but i have no money to pay for that. would legal aid be able to help me?

pregnancy calendar

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
samanthasmom05
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:00 PM

I Cant Help You Here I Know My Daughters Father Has That And Child Endangerment And He Cant Do Nothing About It. They Told Him Once Its On The Record It Will Be There Forever. It May Be Different In Your State Though. Good Luck. BUMP!!

Kristjansmama
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:02 PM

I ve never heard of anyone changing it....other than having it lessened to disorderly conduct during court.  Don't know what you can do now though.

grownsexy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:02 PM

This is a hard one because you was grown at the time. I would hire a lawyer interview them first to see if they can help you. I would tell them what happened and see where I could go from there.

Mrs.Haswell
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:06 PM

I am a paralegal and I cannot give legal advice but in my experiences I do no believe that you can get rid of those types of charges.. I would contact a attorney and see what he or she says... what state do you live in?

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 21 - 37 day cycle Ticker
minimom11107
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Not trying to pry, but if the charges went through that means your SO had to have went along with pressing charges so I doubt there is anything you can do about it.

pregnant

heartsandskulls
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:16 PM

he didnt press charges. The state did, becuase the cop 'saw' me hit him.

Quoting minimom11107:

Not trying to pry, but if the charges went through that means your SO had to have went along with pressing charges so I doubt there is anything you can do about it.

pregnancy calendar

Lisa0328
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:20 PM

check with an attorney because a lot of times those charges can be removed from your record/

Alicia
jmartin571982
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Call a lawyer....Its your only option.

~*Jaime*~
Momma to a princess and twin boys
 toddler girl        twin boys

zoyesmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:21 PM

LOL SAME BOAT AS YOU!!!!!

My brothers gf at the time hated me... well (how the house works is.. the bathroom door swings into my brothers doorway, so if you swing the door open from being in the bathroom you cant tell that theres someone mayb walkin into my brothers room..) Well i was in the bathroom and my brother and i had just got into an arguement and i opened the door and lightly hit his gf with the bathroom door.... (i stoped the door when i felt something hit the door)... so she called the cops i got a ticket for domestic violience and disorderly conduct!! I am soo pissed everytime i apply for a professional job they ask me about it..... and they just laugh but i honestly would love to know how you get rid of something like this...((Does it ever get erased after time?))Let me know if you find anything out....

minimom11107
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Oh.. sorry!

Quoting heartsandskulls:

he didnt press charges. The state did, becuase the cop 'saw' me hit him.

Quoting minimom11107:

pregnant

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)