Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to handle kids being gone at Dads

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:07 PM
  • 5 Replies

We recently began a shared custody plan with my kids at Dads 50% and its killing me.  I've had kids at home for the past 20 years (ages21-7) I don't know what to do when they are gone.  If I go out I feel guilty.  If I stay home I'm sad.  My friends are all at school helping out in the class rooms doing mom stuff all day.  I just hate this.  What do you guys do when it's his turn with the kids 

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
samanthasmom05
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:09 PM

BUMP!!

momcat437
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:10 PM

You know, I've never been in that situation--the kids have always been with me and their dad never would commit to taking them!  Isn't that sad?  They're better off with me, though, that's for sure!  I really don't know how I'd handle it!

kaylasmom9
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Take a class that interests you.  Do you like painting/ sewing?  Anything to keep yourself busy.  Going out can be good.  I don't mean bar hopping, but to lunch or dinner with friends.  I will help pass the time.  I have my DD 100% of the time and my SKids 50/50 so I don't get the break.  I guess I would hav etime to organize EVERYTHING and then take long hot baths.  Good luck, hope that helps

emilysmom8
by Dawn on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:36 PM

My DD goes with her dad on Saturdays and stays til Sunday evening. After she leaves on Saturday I usually spend a few hours cleaning house and doing laundry, than I relax and watch some tv and read, Than usually on Saturday nights I go out with a friend or g to sleep early

milmiracle
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:48 PM

I go nuts I feel like pre kids era and just get this boost of energy that I don't know what to do.  I can go to the movies.  Depending on if all my stuff is done if not I catch up.  It's cool. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)