Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your 6 month old...*poll*

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:30 PM
  • 6 Replies

Poll

Question: Your 6 month old wakes up during the night...

Options:

1-2 Times

3-4 Times

5-6 Times

7+ Times

My 6 month old sleeps through the night!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

I have a 6 month old whose sleeping habits are driving me crazy. I need sleep. My hubby needs sleep. 6 months of insomnia tends to wear a person down. I am determined not to make her cry it out until she is at least a year old (when they develop object permanence). I just want to know what the general sleeping trend for 6 month old's is and how yougot your baby to sleep through the night. And if they just did it by themselves, are your formula feeding or breastfeeding? (I'm trying to figure out if its just my daughter's personality, or if I did something wrong early on by breastfeeding on demand)

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:32 PM

My son did not sleep through the night until he was 19 months old. We never let him cry it out, often he just needed to be covered up or have some water. Since they he sleeps from 8pm until 9:30 am.

My daughter is 9.5 months and has been sleeping 10 hours at night for about 4 or 5 months. She started sleeping through the night occasionally at 8 weeks. She is breastfed. I didn't do anything different with her and my son, kids learn to sleep on their own. Responding to them saves time and heartache for everybody : )

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

CSection MommaBreastfeeding

Proud Canadian

ChazznRoccosmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:33 PM
Oldest slept through the night by then. middle got up several times.

Chazz     Rocco    Joey

baby boybaby boybaby boy

06-24-02   09-05-05   09-15-08

jillbailey26
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:35 PM

All three of mine slept through the night by 3-4 months old, except my preemie, she was 10 weeks early and she started sleeping through at 4-5 months.

~Jill~

8firsttimemom8
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:35 PM

my son is 6 months and is ebf. he goes to bed at 7 or 8 then wakes up at 11 or 12, he is up for 25 min. to eat on both boobs..he then wakes at 2 or 4  then eats and gets a diaper change which last about 30 min. he then wakes around 5:30-6:30 and eats then falls a sleep till 7-8 then gets up to play...and it's weird..night time is the only time he will take both boobs...during the day he will take only one per feeding..lol

lex126
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:38 PM

My dd is almost 7 months old and has slept though the night since 6 weeks old.  What helped us achieve this was putting her on a feeding & nap schedule, worked like a charm!  Hope things improve for you soon! :)

thomasfam14
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:44 PM

My oldest started sleeping through the night at 3 months...its was the day that he had his shots and fell asleep at around 7 and slept til 630 am...ever since then he did it...my daughter started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks and my newest son who's 9 months now started sleeping through the nught at 3 1/2 to 4 weeks...I bottle fed all my babies from the time we got home from the hospital (Too stressed and sore and gave up) and they have been fine..I used the 15 min. rule that my doctor told me on my oldest but never had to use it for the others...Put them down and leave the room, let them cry for 5 min..Go back in there, DO NOT pick them up, but comfort them and cover them back up and leave the room again. 5 min later, if they are still crying, go back in there and do the same thing over. If they are still crying after the 15 min. then they aren'y ready to go to sleep. I know that doesn't really work at night, but try it with naps because when they are put in the crib for night night, they know its time to go to bed. Just a suggestion, but I know it worked for me...with my 9 month old, I just let him go all over the house til he starts getting fussy or comes crawling over to me...that's how I know when he's ready.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)