Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about a rash

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:38 PM
  • 9 Replies

My son has a rash all over his torso and a liitle on his legs. It looks like little red dots. That's it , just little red dots. It doesn't look  like roseola.

It is mostly all over his torso but I can see a few on his upper thighs. I would post a picture but the dots aren't really showing up. Anyone seen that before? I know it would help with a pic but it's just not coming out. All it looks like though is little red dots. No clusters or anything. And they don't seem to be itch.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Lindsey624
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:42 PM

my guess is a skin allergy. my son had hives, which sounds like that and we gave him allergy meds and rubbed skin cream on him til we figured out what it was. i would try that cause the meds are over the counter so it won't hurt him if it doesn't help him. also think about any new things in his environment. it turned out to be the sheets that were bugging my son, we washed them a couple of time in a row and now he's fine. good luck!

pambayens
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:42 PM

How old is he?? Maybe a oatmeal bath or some cortizone cream

rachael22
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:44 PM

my daughter had little red dots all over her stomach and the doc told me that it was a small case of hives...like i gave her a little something she was allergic too....which was probably milk because i have never given her milk and i put some in her cereal a few days ago and thats when the rash appeared.  Its gone away now that i don't give her any more milk. It never seemed to bother her though...she never itched or anything.

ereilman
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:50 PM

He has had hives before. This has been here for a couple days. He did vomit earlier but I think it was just because he has screaming about taking a nap. And when I went to get him, he like coughed and then threw up. He has also been just really whiny and a little out of it. Almost lethargic. I think I will have to bring him to the dr cause he has a heart condition also and everyone gets nervous, including me, about things like this. I am calling the dr right now. Thanks y'all!

bethandbabies26
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:52 PM

My kids recently had hand, foot and mouth disease...but it could be chicken pox?

ereilman
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:56 PM

It doesn't look like chicken pox. He has been vaccinated for that, even though my DD was too and she still got chicken pox. This are really small dots. And I have seen HFM Disease, it doesn't look like this either. But, by the way, how did you get rid of that? I had a close friends kids get it awhile ago.

Quoting bethandbabies26:

My kids recently had hand, foot and mouth disease...but it could be chicken pox?

ereilman
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:56 PM

He is 15 months old. I am sorry I left that out.

Quoting pambayens:

How old is he?? Maybe a oatmeal bath or some cortizone cream

frankiezmama
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:01 PM

this happened to my son before. i called the nurse line at kaiser when it happened and they said because he had no fever and what not that it was most likely an irritation to something.. like a new soap or laundry detergent or something. or it could be an allergy or heat rash. i knew it wasnt heat rash tho because it wasnt hot and he wasnt overdressed at all. it went away in a few days and he was fine.

ereilman
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:06 PM

I use completly free from everything laundry det cause my daughter has eczema.

Can hives stay around for a few days?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)