Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 is NOT the new 20!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:49 PM
  • 58 Replies

I hate it when people say 30 is the new 20.  I mean I am 30 years old and def. don't feel 20.  I am more tired, have less energy and don't quite look like I did when I was 20,  Who agrees/disagrees?  And if you do feel 20 even though you are in your 30's, what's your secret?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gypsydancer7
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:50 PM

Im only 27 but my guess is that not having kids is the secret : ) That or having enough money to spend on the great skin products

dkaam05
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:52 PM

I will be 25 on sat.  and don't feel anything close to 20.  I feel more like 35.  So I do not agree.

Mom2Jayson

Oh boy am I right there with ya!  I remember I hid on my 30th birthday.  I read somewhere that somebody told a lady on her 30th birthday not to worry so much and enjoy her day, that next year will be worse than this one.  Why?  'Cause then you'll be in your 30's.............  Greeeeat.  *lol*

MoodyMamma

I'm not quite 30 yet but after having 2 kids I oh so don't feel 20 anymore. Also, I'd like to add that my body looks like a pic out of a National Geo mag....not good.

The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people don't care that you don't have any tattoos.

armyvetmommy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:53 PM

i'm the other way around.  i'm 25 but feel 35.  why?  because being in the army ages you, kinda like dog years.  i think you have to add at least 3 years to your age for every year you were in the army, lol.

U.S. ARMY COMBAT VETERAN, AND PROUD!
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

TTC #2 Pictures, Images and Photosttc blinkie Pictures, Images and PhotosBFP Pictures, Images and Photos

ereilman

I am going on 29 very soon, and I have to say that I think look better than I did when I was 20. Having kids actually worked for me. Before I had kids, I was a size 0. Now I am a 2 and I feel better with a little extra weight..finally. I am tired alot though.

jeenw1019

Hey I will be 25 on Tuesday!!!!  Happy b-day to us.

Quoting dkaam05:

I will be 25 on sat.  and don't feel anything close to 20.  I feel more like 35.  So I do not agree.

sweetscrappin
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:54 PM

i feel young... might not look like i am, but in my heart i am... gotta keep the child inside you alive... i joined a gym to help boost my energy.  its my time away from my man and lil man... it helps so much, i am a motivated person, i get tired sometimes too, but damn when i was 20 i was tired all the time, i worked two jobs, school, etc etc, and now that im almost 35, i still feel like im 25, it helps to have positive people around you ... that is what helps me.. good luck...

trish33990

im 23 and feel like im 30...

gypsydancer7

I know its not funny but the last line has me in giggles.

I dont feel 20 anymore either. I want to fall asleep right now as I type. I was NEVER like this before I had my dd.....I always had energy

Quoting MoodyMamma:

I'm not quite 30 yet but after having 2 kids I oh so don't feel 20 anymore. Also, I'd like to add that my body looks like a pic out of a National Geo mag....not good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)