Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

questions about cribs!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:04 PM
  • 8 Replies

okay, well my son is almost one and i know it sounds bad but has never slept in a crib, and we just got a toddler bed for cheap and i dont know if i should just put him in the toddler bed or put him in his crib? please no bashing on the fact that he sleeps in my bed....i already know all that can be said. i just need some advice.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
frankiezmama
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:08 PM

im kind of in the same boat. my son rarely ever slept in his crib. but we have a convertible crib and daddy transitioned it into a toddler bed and he still doesnt want to sleep in it. he still wants to sleep with us. ughhhh.. but id say try it out. see how it works. he might like the big boy bed!

mrs_mclendon
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:09 PM

i personally wouldnt put him in a toddler bed just yet.he seems a little young. but on the other hand the sooner you get him out of your bed the easier it will be. we did that with our first . He NEVER slept in a crib . now he is 2 1/2 and sleeps in a toddler bed that is pushed up against our bed. sometimes i feel i will never get him out of our bedroom. i am not bashing you i completely understand

zippydooda
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:11 PM

would he stay in his bed when he sleeps? what does he do now? if he stays in his bed or if you don't mind the fact that in the begining he will get out of bed, try the toddler bed. with a crib they can stay in when you put them to bed.

WhiteTigerLily
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:20 PM

OMG lol You Just described my son !! He still sleeps in bed with us, he will be 3 in march. We jst bought a house and are hoping to transition him to his own bed, and I thought I would start by putting his bed in our room lol. We don't get the keys til next month , so I can't even begin trying, his room is occupied by my mil, and his bed is in pieces , cause there is no room for it. I just thank god that my 7 week old sleeps just fine and dandy in her own bed. IDk what I would do with another child crammed in between us!!

Quoting mrs_mclendon:

i personally wouldnt put him in a toddler bed just yet.he seems a little young. but on the other hand the sooner you get him out of your bed the easier it will be. we did that with our first . He NEVER slept in a crib . now he is 2 1/2 and sleeps in a toddler bed that is pushed up against our bed. sometimes i feel i will never get him out of our bedroom. i am not bashing you i completely understand

mrs_mclendon
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Quoting WhiteTigerLily:

OMG lol You Just described my son !! He still sleeps in bed with us, he will be 3 in march. We jst bought a house and are hoping to transition him to his own bed, and I thought I would start by putting his bed in our room lol. We don't get the keys til next month , so I can't even begin trying, his room is occupied by my mil, and his bed is in pieces , cause there is no room for it. I just thank god that my 7 week old sleeps just fine and dandy in her own bed. IDk what I would do with another child crammed in between us!!

Quoting mrs_mclendon:

yeah luckily my 1 1/2 year old sleeps in her own bed. i personally cant say i recommend putting his bed in your room b/c now i cant get him out of our room i have an extra toddler bed in his room and if we wait till he falls asleep to put him in it he will sleep for a couple hours and wake up screaming to come to our room. good luck !!!!!!!!! if you find something that works PLEASE PLEASE share it

megarooniduh
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:34 PM

i would go for it. just make it a slow transition.. start him sleeping in his big boy bed for naps... then slowly through the night!

I've been a baby-wearing, co-sleeping, no CIO, breastfeeding, baby signing, vaxing mama for the past 7 months and I wouldn't do it any other way! 

4LifeTupperware
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Oh yea we were right there with you... then it took dad sleeping with him in his room in his bed with him (twin) to keep him there... sometimes hubby would get out and he would wake up and hubby would go back... sometimes he wouldn't wake up... lol either one of them and in the morning they were both still in there...

He sleeps good in his own bed now... just takes some time...

Quoting mrs_mclendon:

Melanie, Wife for 14 years and a Mom, to 13 year old daughter, 10 year old son, 3 year old son, 11 month old son and two angel babies that would also be 11 months old, and Tupperware Consultant!   "Only one life, will soon be passed, only what's done for Christ will last."          

times3mom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Go for it I would just put him in the toddler bed but get those extra long bed rails so he does not fall out.My first two girls never sleep in a crib i put them right in twin beds.{when they where like 3 and 6years old...don't ask how we made baby #3}..lol..But I was not beat the third time around my 19month old NEVER slept with me.She sleeps in her crib for her morning nap,afternoon nap,and at bed time for sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)