Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Much Baby Weight Did You Have to Lose?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:07 PM
  • 11 Replies

And how did you lose it? How long did it take? I am looking for something do-able, because I have 20 lbs left to my pre-baby weight, plus 20 extra that I need to lose!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmansmom13
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:14 PM

I gained 45lbs with my son and have lost all but 10lbs. I got stuck for like 5 months on one weight though, I couldnt get past it! I dont do too much, I play with my son and niece and nephew, I play soccer once a week, I go on walks whenever I can. And try to control how much I eat during the day since I am home all day. But hopefully by the time I get pregnant again  ican be rid of this last 10lbs!!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Janis198
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:15 PM

I had 5 babies and gained between 50-100 lbs with them, I still need to loose about 25 from my last baby.  what works the best is portion control and exercise.

Janis mommy to 5 great kidshaving chocolate

kcasa10
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:17 PM

I gained 25 pounds and still trying to lose 15. I go to the gym everyday, eat healthy, and saw a personal trainer.

kameronsmommy08
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:18 PM

I was 130 when I got pregnant, I gained 22 pounds, and my 6 weeks check I was 131 awesome.I got the iuc put in now 138.Its so frustrating, i want to be 120 125 id be happy.

andrea.e
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:46 PM

My first I blew up from a teeny size 4-5 to a 16- gained well over 100 lbs. Second I gain maybe 15-20lbs from a reasonable size 7. This one I"m somewhere in between- still a chuncky monkey but I don't look like I'm gonna eat your cat if you leave me alone in your living room.

Lost the weight with work- the first I took a full time night job at Target working their stock line- weight melted off with hard steady work that kept me sweating and my heart pumping. Had to make sure I worked hard and never slowed but it was worth it.

Second it was about tone- but really didn't get to work on it much before the hubby had me expecting the soon to be newest member of the fam.

I'm thinking this time around it will be a bot of both- tone and weight.

Seems to get harder and harder as time goes by and the hips get wider, shoulders lose their sharpness. Ah well, can't be a girl forever but you can keep your husband's eye just fine despite it right? Lol, besides- we kinda match as time goes on! Still sexy to me, and thanks gawd he still thinks I'm hot stuff myself

whoops2
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:51 PM

I gained 60  when I had my daughter, I was one of those girls that got blessed to get back to my normal size in 2 weeks after I had my kids.. I didn't do anything to get the weight off either. Just came off with me. But that is how I have been my whole life, I dont gain weight. When my last baby, I was a size 3 to an 11 then 2 weeks later I was 115 pounds. IDK.. With my first I nursed and that may have been a help with her. But with my 2nd I didnt nurse and I still went back down.. Good luck =)

sweetscrappin
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:54 PM

here is the total honest truth.. and it sucks! lol i lost 60 lbs when i was pregnant with my son, i had it to lose.... i had my doctors total approval, i was gest diabetic, and so i dropped the fruit, sugar, carbs etc, and that is how i lost it the first time... i have policystic ovarian syndrome... most women who have it, have huge fertility issues, and weight problems... even if we eat like birds.. PCOS has been tied to diabetes etc, anyhow... after my son was born, no joke, i gained like 80 lbs... so the 60 plus the 20.... so now that we arent nursing anymore i am down the first 20 i go to the gym every other morning at 6am, before my son and bf wake up, and work out, i feel so much better... and during the day my son and i play... he thinks its funny to lay on mommys tummy while she does crunches on her ball.... my dream is to get back to 300 a day... but so far after the work out, im only able to do 100 LOL but just gotta do it... my mom keeps giving herself an out, i take it as its not as important for her as it is for me... so that is how i do it...

ashleykilleen
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:57 PM

excersize and healthy diet, it sucks hard core but it does work,

i was 190 when i got preggo with my son i gained 28 pounds with my son so when i left the hospital i weighed in at 208, so now i weight 170  so over all i lost about 40 pounds,all i did was work out and work out some more and eat yogert and work out again, seriosuly i would work out 3 times a day for about 40 minutes each. I have fallen off the band wagon i wont lie so since i havent been working out every day i will go 3 pounds and come down 3 pounds. If you start out slow excerise for 15 minutes a day use like 3 pound hand weights and work it out a bit 15 minutes a day does a world of diffrence and evertualy you will be working out for an hour and you wont even realize it. make sure you eat breakfast!! thats the best thing you can do to help yourself out, slim fast shakes are also a great way to help out with weight.

good luck momma!! i hope i helped you out!!

-ash

ttcpreview image

skeadle
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:00 PM

with my 1st pregnancy, I gained 50 lbs. I was115 to begin with. I didn't want to get that small again so, I wanted to weigh 120-125. I was lucky and lost it all within 6 months.

Rlambert6002
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

ith my last baby I gained almost 45 lbs...which put me around 150 lbs from my pre-preggo 105 lbs. After I gave birth I had lost down to 115 lbs. within about 4 months. I breastfed which burns lots of extra calories...other than that and Pilates I didn't do much different. I have 5 other kids though so I'm sure I do ALOT more running around than someone with only one or two children does. I stayed at the 115 because that was what my dh liked me at....I ended up losing down to around 100 about a year and a half postpartum due to stress from marital problems but I sooo do not recommend that as a weight loss tool....lol.

Lilypie Kids birthday TickerLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

TickerShack.com Ticker

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)