Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would u be annoyed...or am I wrong....long

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:31 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok ladies I know that I will get honest opinions and that is what I want...ok here goes

I am having a baby shower for a girl I know which I honestly have no problem with...she picked the date and sent out all the invitea while i was away over holidays...somewhat annoyed me but not a big deal. Here is the problem.....yesterday I log onto facebook and she told met hat he shower was off b/c her and her bf were having a fight and he told her he didn't want it there b/c  she is a lazy bitch and the house isn't clean enough or ready to have ppl over. i sent her a couple messages telling her that we can have it at my house and that if they cancel it i am not gong to have it for her later b/c This entire fight would blow over and she can't expect ppl to just keep having things changed. This morning she sent me a message telling me excuses for the fight and that everything was fine now and the shower was back on...I replied back that they need to realize that they can't just make up their minds when they are pissed and that they have to take the time to calm down before they cancel something that envolves other ppl. Now i'm not saying that the shower is about other ppl whoeve they have ppl driving from 4 hours away to attend this. I said that just b/c they had a fight that doesn't make it right to put everyone on hold....they should have just not said another until it was over. I then informed her that if it happened again I would not be the person throwing it nor would i be attending.

she wrote back and told me that I was mean and that I should stop and think before I type a reply...so My next message I basically told her that I don't care what they said to eachother or even what the fight was about until they were able to talk calming there was no reason for them to say anything to me about cancelling it until they were 1 hundred percent sure. I said that it's not my job to sit around and wait for them to figure things out, I am getting ready to back to work and take my son to daycare as well as his birthday is the weekend after her shower. I said that I wasn't being rude but that they need to understand that nothing can be decided when u are pissed off and that ppl deserve better then to be taken on a ride. Now it's on now it's off kind of thing. I have done ALOT for these two...i have given them alot of stuff for this child as well as I helped her tell him seh was pregnant...i'm there everytime she calls to ask me a question about being pregnant and I also helped her convince him that abortion wasn't the way to go...I have done more for them then anyone else and I think that I'm just tired of being shit on...I'm expected to just put everything on hold everytime they fight or everytime they need something...

I want to know am I wrong should I have just said ya ok it's back on and then left it there??? B/c i'm going to tell u the truth I am not impressed with the fact that b/c they have a fight everything is supposed to wait until they make things better....Please be HONEST i'm a big girl i can take it

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kachinav4
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:44 PM

so i'm guessing u think it is me...come on girls no matter what u think i can take it....i just want to know

Iluvjandkplus8
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:05 PM
The first response seemed appropriate but reply in the morning may have been a little much. I honestly am not judging, at least you stand up for yourself unlike me who is a human doormat. Ok, now that I've typed that, I've changed my mind. You say whatever you want to especially if she repeatedly shits on you. Some people just think of themselves and don't consider how their actions effect others. Sorry, if I rambled- you did fine! Lindsay
jenjobrien
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:10 PM

If she wants you to do her shower she can respect the fact that you dont need the stress of her cancelling every two seconds.  If she doesnt like it she should find someone else to do it for her.

thatjennchick
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:15 PM

I don't think your response was inappropriate at all.  You are right, she shouldn't have cancelled just because they had a little fight. 

TheTara
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:17 PM

I have this horrible problem, I say exactly whats on my mind without thinking aobut the other persons feelings... My mom always says I need to work on my tact, But i refuse to be a human rug for anyone to to walk on..

I think that you were right to tell her that she can't play with their schedules like that, I wouldn't want  to go to a baby shower thats been cancelled and re-on like 5 times...

Dont feel bad... But remember shes pregnant so everything is going to be more "sensitive" to her anyway...

defend yourself mommy, You are NOT a rug to be walked on...

Good luck!hugs

Proud Mommy To:

Miss Ellee Noel && Mr. Brayden Allen

Jillian
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:19 PM

I have a friend who every other week she is offagain on again with her bf and i've gotten so tired of her drama i could only imagine if i tried to throw a party or shower for her it woud be a lot like your situation. I think i have a problem not saying how i feel and most people don't like it when i tell them what i think and feel but i figure you can't go through life keeping everything to yourself. so for the most part you are right but i guess if you don't want her to be offended then you may want to ignore her when she makes you too mad. but it really is something that can go either way.

having a baby

baby

summerray5
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:23 PM

You were wonderful to plan to do this.She's got too much drama going on and too much stress that comes with this on you.I'd stick to my guns about cancelling the whole deal.If you do go through it I guarantee she will not apprieciate all your efforts. Do not let her make you feel bad.You can simply send her a small baby gift and card to let her know you thought of her.

She screwed it up she should feel bad. NOT YOU!

ashleykilleen
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:26 PM

i understand you being upset with her cuz her and her BF cant make up their mind on things but it sounds like she isnt ready for a child if she cant even agree with her bf on a baby shower.Her and her BF dont seem mature enough for a child, if i were you i would sit them both down  and explain that you are gonna do this on again off again thing and that if they cant be adult about everything that they can throw their own shower.

good luck!

-ash

ttcpreview image

perkipat
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:35 PM

FIRST OF ALL,WHAT A NICE THING YOU ARE DOING HAVING THIS SHOWER AND WHAT AN UNGRATFUL /SPOILED PERSON IS SHE.SURE SHE IS HAVING A BABY,LUCKY HER... YOU EXPECTED TO PUT YOUR LIFE ON HOLD FOR HER AND HER "SO "WHIMS..I WOULD FIGURE THIS IS A VERY YOUNG IMMATURE PERSON ANYWAY..AND YOU ARE HER MOTHER FIGURE..NO WAY ,WOULD I PUT UP WITH THIS,BUT THATS ME...

IN REAL LIFE,WHEN YOU BECOME A PARENT YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO THINK OF SOMEONE OTHER THEN YOURSELF..THIS FRIEND OF YOURS HAS A LONG WAY TO GO..SHE WAS INCONSIDERATE AND RUDE..IF THIS COMES UP AGAIN..YOU STAND YOUR GROUND..AND GOOD LUCK....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)