Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when can they have water?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:47 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have twin boys and I just wanted to know when they can start having water? They are 8 months old now. If you know post back if not bump please.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lauren8892
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:48 PM

I don't know when they are "supposed" to get water but I just started givin my 3 month old an oz of just water every day. Cuz she's a little piggy and seems to ALWAYS be hungry though...lol

andrea.e
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:50 PM

I always asked WIC about that stuff, but honestly I can't remember when i first gave mine water- preggy brain sorry.

bump

mlg871
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:22 PM

From what I was told, around 6-8 months - when they can sit up on their own and eating solid foods, and in moderation.  Too much water can be dangerous for infants, I don't really remember why though - sorry!

StaceysMom4706
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:24 PM

dd was probably around 3 months old when i first started giving her water... it was july and hot as heck... it was an attempt at cooling her a bit as well as trying to space out her feedings... she was a little piggy and seemed to think she needed to eat every hour (if i let her eat more frequently than every 3 hours, she would puke the whole bottle back up).

Alexandria

pregnancy due date

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!

Cass0289
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:24 PM

My son was 4 months and had problems pooping (still does) and the doctor said to start putting water in a sippy cup and just let him play with it.  Even if he gets ONE sip a day it will be fine.  They should not be drinking ounces and ounces but like an ounce in a cup is just fine.  ESPECIALLY on hot days!

dianah1
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Both of mine were around 6 months when I gave them about 3 ounces of water every so often.

angel miniDiana

mommy08x2
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:06 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)