Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I almost finished my taxes

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:58 PM
  • 5 Replies

I did them on Turbo Tax just as I did last year. This year I only had unemployment, and earning of $1000 from another job. I am going to have to pay $17 in federal taxes and get a $7 refund from the state!! That really sucks!! I think I'll do them on paper on April 15th so I don't have to pay Turbo tax fees!!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
dosthepost
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Theres a free version of turbo tax. Its what I use.

SexyTeacher1971
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:25 PM

I went back and clicked on that but I couldn't use it. I have interest that I paid on student loans so I can't use that one.

dosthepost
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Oh. Idk, seems like you would've come out better just not claiming the student loan interest and doing the free taxes huh?

Quoting SexyTeacher1971:

I went back and clicked on that but I couldn't use it. I have interest that I paid on student loans so I can't use that one.

SexyTeacher1971
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:34 PM

I am NOT going to pay....I am going to my aunt-who is an accountant and see if there is anything she can do to get me a refund.

dosthepost
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Whatever, it's 17 dollars... I don't think I'd throw a hissy over it. You weren't employed, so what's the problem?

Quoting SexyTeacher1971:

I am NOT going to pay....I am going to my aunt-who is an accountant and see if there is anything she can do to get me a refund.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)