Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sitter Advice

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:04 PM
  • 0 Replies

Okay ladies....I need some points of view.

My daughter is 8 months old and has been going to her sitter since she was 6 weeks.  She absolutely adores the woman and her children and visa versa.  But I am beginning to worry that my daughter is going to pick up on her sitters closed mindedness.  For example, I have homosexual friends and don't see an issue with exposing my daughter to it.  They are awesome people and honestly my best friends.  That being said, I think I am more aware of the chance that my child could grow up and be a homosexual.  While I am sure it would come as a shock, I would accept this.  My daughter's sitter is completely against it all and says she would just keep my daughter away so she wouldn't even know what it was.  How does that make sense?  All that would be doing is making my daughter grow up over sheltered and potentially ashamed of who she is. 

What do I do?  I can't imagine taking my baby to another sitter or a childcare facility but worry that because our values are not similiar, my daughter is going to be affected.

frustrated

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)