Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ekk..i hate my body

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:04 PM
  • 8 Replies

Before I had my twins I weighed 104 I ended up gaining about, 55 pounds with them. I went down to 132 after I had them (that was at my 4 week checkup). Now I weighed 142. I feel like I look like crap now. I need to know them best way to lose weigh while  manging to kids. Mostly to get rid of my love handles. I wear a size 10 pants now and I would like to be in a 4 or a 5. Please help me I'm going crazy looking like this.

PS. Also does anyone know if bio-oil really works???

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AshMomToShawn
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:14 PM

loosing the weight might not give you the pants size you want im only  22lbs heavier but 7 pant sizes larger.

Kellileanne
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:16 PM

I lost weight when I realized I was not eating half the day and then eating constantly the rest of the day--didn't realize I was doing it until it was pointed out to me.  I also did lots of walking and portion control.  Good luck, I think part of my weight loss was stress related.

Cass0289
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:20 PM

I was 103 and gained 50 lbs!  I hated it and said I was never buying clothes again because I tried RIGHT after I was done having my DS and a size like 13 was to small!!!  Now I finally fit in a 7.  The weight will go down thats what everyone told me yea after 6 months it did!!!

proudnewmommyy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:24 PM

I'm in the same boat is you. What i'm doing is for dinners I eat lots of veggies and lean protien, with limited carbs. Portion control is very important! I make pizza at home with healthier ingredients when I want take out. Drink lots of water. Try to walk more, and excercise if I have the time during naps. Eat healthier snacks like popcorn, craisins, almonds, or raw fruits and vegetables, instead of chips/candy/soda. Getting more sleep helps, though that's tough being a mommy! Avoid stress, and alcohol. I do have my wine during the week, but try to limit it. It's only been 3 weeks, and I don't have a scale, but so far it LOOKS like I've lost weight. Good luck! I know it's not easy to completly change your ways, but if you can stick to it, you'll start to see results!

high five

oh and- I have some bio-oil, I haven't used it enough to see results, but I have heard from other mommies that it works really great!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

mommy08x2
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:04 PM

bump

Jess_9-22-08
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Before I was preggo, I lost weight by cutting out all my snacks and drinking coffee in place of them. I put skim milk & splenda in it. Caffiene raises your metabolism a little. Now I can't do that to lose the baby weight b/c I'm breastfeeding and don't want my LO to have all that caffeine. You could also drink hot tea instead of snacking.

DylansMommy20
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:36 PM

i wish i had lost weight i gain a shit load of weight when i was pregnent and lost maybe 10lbs of it. I was between 119 and 130 my whole life and loved it now i am 216 and cant get rid of it i have tried everything so when u figure it out let me know

momma_teia
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:43 PM

I don't think you should hate your body although I feel ya, I gained 60 lbs with my son and it was hard, but even b4 he was born, I was a 13, and now am 15 so I lost most of it and am working on the rest, but I haven't been a 10 since middle school (got a big Butt)

Remember it's what's inside that counts.

And Bio Oil didn't work for me, try Herba Viva at a health food store.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)