Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need advice..please nooo bashing

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:21 PM
  • 12 Replies

ok to begin please dont criticize me or bash me for any choice..i know this is an advice group and that's what i am asking for...i value opinions but if you are out to bash me or judge me stop reading this and please DONT REPLY...dont mean to be pissy but i have seen way too many pots that turn into a bash

my two year old woke up this am at 530 and threw up..i cleaned her up, her bed and whatnot and she went back to bed..no fever

woke up at 8 and had breakfast and threw up...she wouldst eat anything at all..she has only had a few cups of watered down gatorade...really watered down..(my dr said it was fine to give her this)  so then she took a nap and woke up and still wont eat...i just hope i am doing the right thing and giving her plenty of fluid...she has maybe had three wet diapers...i know i should call the dr...but its 17 outside and her health matters to me and all but i a m not going to freeze her to take her to the dr to have them tell me its just a bug...she def doesn't have a fever

my 3 month old seems to be ok...she is taking food as usual..im def keeping an eye on them both and kayde hasn't thrown up anymore

any advice..is it ok that she isnt eating..i should just keep up the fluid right?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
postermomt
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:23 PM

keep giving her fluids and checking her temperature.. and umm why dont you try pedialyte instead of gatorade

MaxsLovingMommy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:24 PM

You can just call her doc's office and speak with a triage nurse and tell them and they will tell you what to do and if you need to brave the cold for an appt or not. Hope she feels better!

Gatorade watered down is fine, I give my son gatorade w/o watering it down sometimes and he is fine!

Sweetestgirl79
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:26 PM

the pediatrician said that pedialyte and gatorade do the same thing...they keep them hydrated...as long as i water it down he said so i just have been doing that...ive never used pedialyte...but thank u for the responce

Quoting postermomt:

keep giving her fluids and checking her temperature.. and umm why dont you try pedialyte instead of gatorade

lifelovekids
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:26 PM

this is a rule of thumb I have with my kids... give them whatever they want to eat... but if they dont eat its fine... you actually can give yourself a fever by throwing up too much... a fever is a good thing... its your bodys way of healing itself... so dont be too alarmed if they have a fever low grade under 102
I give this up to 72 hours... 48 to 72 without food... violently throwing up is one thing...
If she is keeping fluid down and not throwing it up... your doing ok... pedialyte... gatorade... it has calories..
If at all your child gets lathargic... sunken eyes, no tears or a dry diaper for more then 6 hours she NEEDS to be seen by a doc.
You're doing the right thing by waiting it out at home for as long as you can... 17 degrees is cold... and taking a toddler and an infant into public with the weather like that should be avoided as much as possible... just watch for bad signs

Also have u given your 2 yr old ANY peanut butter snacks???

Ladybug8412
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:26 PM

I would just continue giving her fluids and watching her urine output to make sure she doesn't get dehydrated.  If the vomiting continues more than 24 hours, I'd call her doctor.

Sweetestgirl79
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:28 PM

nooo no pb i heard about the recall and she actually dosent have much pb at all..its been over a month i think she really dosnet care for it

Quoting lifelovekids:

this is a rule of thumb I have with my kids... give them whatever they want to eat... but if they dont eat its fine... you actually can give yourself a fever by throwing up too much... a fever is a good thing... its your bodys way of healing itself... so dont be too alarmed if they have a fever low grade under 102
I give this up to 72 hours... 48 to 72 without food... violently throwing up is one thing...
If she is keeping fluid down and not throwing it up... your doing ok... pedialyte... gatorade... it has calories..
If at all your child gets lathargic... sunken eyes, no tears or a dry diaper for more then 6 hours she NEEDS to be seen by a doc.
You're doing the right thing by waiting it out at home for as long as you can... 17 degrees is cold... and taking a toddler and an infant into public with the weather like that should be avoided as much as possible... just watch for bad signs

Also have u given your 2 yr old ANY peanut butter snacks???

lifelovekids
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:28 PM

pedialyte or gatorade or even powerade... doesnt matter they all have electrolytes... my doc prefers gatorade over pedialyte... its cheaper and tastes better to kids... after 12 mo of age I stopped giving my kids pedialyte...

Quoting Sweetestgirl79:

the pediatrician said that pedialyte and gatorade do the same thing...they keep them hydrated...as long as i water it down he said so i just have been doing that...ive never used pedialyte...but thank u for the responce

Quoting postermomt:

proudnewmommyy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:30 PM

You're doing the right things momma! Just keep her hydrated and comfortable. I hope she feels better soon!!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

kiwilime
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:32 PM

I went through something very similar to this with my 2 year-old on Christmas.  She didn't eat much if anything that day after she threw up during the night nad then at breakfast.  She would drink but not a lot an she didn't throw up again.  By the next day she was much better but still wasn't eating a lot.  I knew with her it was just a bug because I had it 2 days before.  I woud keep doing what you're doing and see if she isn't better tomorrow.

Destinty
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:33 PM

I UNDERSTAND IT COLD OUTSIDE BUT IF YOU DONT HAVE SOME PEDIALITE TRY TO GET SOMEONE TO GO GET SOME FOR HER...YOU DEFF DONT WANT TO TAKE HER OUTSIDE IF ITS 17 DEGREES GOOD CHOICE MOMMA...I WOULD KEEP N WITH THE GATORADE FOR NOW AND TRY TO GET HER TO EAT SOMTHING EVEN IF SHE DOESNT EAT JUST KEEP TRYING....HANG IN THERE MOMMA...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)