Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Second job or no second job?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:30 PM
  • 3 Replies

So I was thinking about gettting a second job to help pay for some of the wedding costs. I applied at a place, and got a call back today for an interview. I had let it go to voicemail, so I still have to call back.

If I do it, it will be nice extra money for the wedding, which I REALLY want. Otherwise I may have to settle for something much different, which I would rather not do. Plus after the wedding it would be kind of nice to have a little extra cash to play with.

BUT

It would mean that Wednesday nights when DD is at her dads, I would be working.
On the weekends she's home, I wouldn't see her as much.
On the weekends she's at her dad's, I would be working. But I wouldn't have much time to plan the wedding. I also wouldn't have much time to get moved into our new house, which I want to do SOON. Then DF would be in charge of moving, watching DD, cleaning, etc.

What would you do?

Just because she calls me Mom does not mean I am going to stop being Jen

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Lordgivemewizdm
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:47 PM

I guess the question you would have to ask yourself is, "is the money necessary or just nice to have?".  How long do you plan on keeping the job?  Is it permanent or temporary?  Is it more needful for you to be available to move into your home and plan your wedding at this time?  Only you can answer those questions, because you know what is or isn't important or needful to you.  

If it were I, I would choose a job that I can do from home, one that would be part-time which wouldn't take up too much of my time yet would put give me a little pocket change to do the little incidentals.  It sounds like you know that you need to be available, but the thought of having some extras sounds very nice.  If it is really important for you to be physically available, then choose something that would give you flexibility and won't take up too much of your time.  Hope this helps.

Be blessed and congratulations!

Lordgivmewizdom
gypsydancer7
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:50 PM

I wouldnt do it. Spending time with my dd is more important. That said....you can get really creative with how to make a wedding good for cheap if you have time

zoeysmom331
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Oh honey trust me. I've already saved us almost 2000 on our wedding based on full price of the same things. I'm staying under 7000, which is still more than we have, but we would really like to have the big beautiful day.

Quoting gypsydancer7:

I wouldnt do it. Spending time with my dd is more important. That said....you can get really creative with how to make a wedding good for cheap if you have time

Just because she calls me Mom does not mean I am going to stop being Jen

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)