Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ear infections

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:05 PM
  • 3 Replies

HEllo everybody! I have a quick question for you girls.  My 11 month old is now dealing with his second ear infection in a few months and a friend of mine told me that if I stop giving him a bottle a night he won't gt them anymore.  Anyone know if this is true? Thank for ay input you can give me!!

Liz

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
brantonsmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Having a bottle at night, lying down can be a cause of ear infections, but others can just be prone to ear infections.  My son never had a bottle at night, and he had multiple ear infections, had his first set of tubes put in at about 8 months old and now he is 2 1/2 and on his third set of tubes, So it may help to see if that is the cause by not letting him lay down with a bottle, but it may not stop him from getting them.

mommy2bunny
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:09 PM

The reason a bottle in bed is not a good idea is  b/c the milk can still drip out of the nipple.  When the LO falls alseep with the bottle close to their face, it can drip into their ear.  That can cause ear infections, yes.  Maybe you can give your LO the milk before you lay them down.  When they're finished, then put them to bed.

mommy2bunny
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Same with my nephew.  He has tubes and he's 21 months old.

Quoting brantonsmom:

Having a bottle at night, lying down can be a cause of ear infections, but others can just be prone to ear infections.  My son never had a bottle at night, and he had multiple ear infections, had his first set of tubes put in at about 8 months old and now he is 2 1/2 and on his third set of tubes, So it may help to see if that is the cause by not letting him lay down with a bottle, but it may not stop him from getting them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)