Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hurt in his crib? What could it be?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:39 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok- my 14 month old woke up this morning with a pretty bad red mark on his outer writst.  It look like a bad pinch, about 2 1/2 inches long.  It looks like it will be there for at least a few days.  Being a first time mom, I flipped out and searched his crib to find nothing different or out of place.  I actually got in the crib with him to see what it could be and if he'd show me !!! :)  He has nothing in his crib with him when he sleeps except for his glow worm.  After his nap today, he woke up with another mark on his OTHER wrist.  What the heck is going on?????  He does have a ocean wonders fish aquarium attached to his crib.  I took that out since it happened.  It was secured really tightly and properly. 

Has anyone had this happen?  Is it possible he is reaching down between the mattress and metal support and getting his hand stuck???  Any advice?  (His crib and matresss are not recalled- already checked)

Thanks!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommytoG
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:42 PM

could be from laying on it for a while or it being pressed against the crib slats. If it goes away I would worry

F_Stathouse
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:45 PM

His wrist coulda be hanging out of the slats and then he turns and it gets caught.  My son does it with his legs; how he gets those chubby little legs in there; go figure.

lilysmom31
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:46 PM

I agree with the other post.  My dd had the ocean wonders aquarium too and never had a problem but sometimes she will sleep with her hands or feet between the slats (despite my moving them constantly). 

happy_mommy_
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:46 PM

no, not just from laying on it.  This is a dark red pinch like mark- almost looks like a mild burn.  It's a blister like color, but not really a blister.  That's why I'm so concerned. 

MumsTheWord571
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:47 PM

That's what I thought it was!

Quoting F_Stathouse:

His wrist coulda be hanging out of the slats and then he turns and it gets caught.  My son does it with his legs; how he gets those chubby little legs in there; go figure.

Schramko
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:47 PM

MY DAUGHTER WAKES UP SOMETIMES WITH WEIRD MARKS ON HER AS WELL I STAYED IN THERE WHILE SHE SLEPT TO SEE WHAT IT WAS, SHE SOMETIMES WOULD STICK HER LEG OR ARM THROUGH THE RAILS OF HER CRIB AND FALL ASKEEP LIKE HTAT OR SHE WOULD LAY ON IT/BEND IT A CERTIAN WAY THAT WOULD MAKE A RED MARK ON HER! IT WILL GO AWAY, THERE IS NOT MUCH WE CAN DO IF THEY DO THAT OTHER THEN CHECK ON THEM AND MOVE THEM WHEN THEY ARE IN WEIRD POSITIONS!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)