Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i really need help....i am in trouble

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:35 PM
  • 75 Replies

My daughter is 3 yrs old and is not my husbands....she is from a previous fling lol i would say....well he is a sex offender and i knew i didn't want to be with him...we got together dated for awhile and he went to jail...for a year well when he went to jail i found out i was pregnant with his daughter....well i left him when my daughter was 1 month old and i moved out of his mothers house....well i am getting really stress because he is once again in jail and getting out next week....and i am scared that he wants to see her...he doesn't buy her shit...my husband raises her more then he does....what do i need to do....

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aamy
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Quoting savannahmom2931:

My daughter is 3 yrs old and is not my husbands....she is from a previous fling lol i would say....well he is a sex offender and i knew i didn't want to be with him...we got together dated for awhile and he went to jail...for a year well when he went to jail i found out i was pregnant with his daughter....well i left him when my daughter was 1 month old and i moved out of his mothers house....well i am getting really stress because he is once again in jail and getting out next week....and i am scared that he wants to see her...he doesn't buy her shit...my husband raises her more then he does....what do i need to do....

Well he cant really buy her anything if he is in jail so ......... Unless you have papers saying he CANT see her, or he has given up his rights ....... You have to face it that he IS her bio father ....

Only half the patients who go into an abortion clinic come out alive. ~Author Unknown

If it isn't a baby, then you aren't pregnant, so what are you aborting? ~Author Unknown

aneely08
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:38 PM

get a restraining order... I hope everything goes ok.

onebeautifulgir
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:39 PM

well, it is his baby but if he makes you feel unsafe call the cops

mother of one beautiful daughter and married to my soul mate, I parent outside the box, I co-sleep, pick her up when she cries, and don't believe in letting them cry it out! I  plan on breastfeeding till she is done, I don't get advice from parenting books..I use pamper diapers, I immunize my baby because it prevents her from getting serious illinesses. I love makeup and my life

mommy_maria
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Well if he is a sex offender he should have court orders saying he can't be around anyone under 18 of age so you could call the cops if he comes around. But I am not sure how it works with a sex offenders own kid. He would have to prove that with a paternity test since I am guessing he wasn't there to sign the birth certificate so until then at least he can't be near her. I think he could get supervised visitation for his own child though after a lot of red tape but again I could be wrong. I would call and get advise from a lawyer or your local police dept. Sorry to hear you are in a tough situation .... good luck!

mommy2bunny
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:40 PM

I'm sure you can get a restraining order since he's a sex offender.  You are in fear for your DD's safety.  I believe that's a good enough reason to keep him away from her.  You should at least try it. 

emilysmom8
by Dawn on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Go to family court tomorrow morning and talk to someone and ask what you have to do to keep him away from your DD. What type of sex offender is he? Because if it's anything to do with having sexual contact with a child than no judge will let him see your daughter!

Amanda9
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:42 PM

have you done any leagal paperwork is he on the birth certificate my son's dad is in a out of his life although the last time i let see our son he didnt give him back well i tricked him but legaly cuz there is no paperwork he didnt have to it was scary good luck my sons dad is on that list as well but cuz he slept with a 15 year old the pervert  i would defintly get an attorney!

Aamy
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Quoting onebeautifulgir:

well, it is his baby but if he makes you feel unsafe call the cops

Whoa need to check your siggy ...... taking up almost the whole page.

Only half the patients who go into an abortion clinic come out alive. ~Author Unknown

If it isn't a baby, then you aren't pregnant, so what are you aborting? ~Author Unknown

savannahmom2931
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:43 PM

he got out july 27/06 and went back in 2 months ago...so yeah he had the chance to

to buy her stuff....he had like 2 years so yeah...

Quoting Aamy:

Quoting savannahmom2931:

Well he cant really buy her anything if he is in jail so ......... Unless you have papers saying he CANT see her, or he has given up his rights ....... You have to face it that he IS her bio father ....

alc030
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:44 PM

You can get papers filed to where he can only see her with the supervision of a trained professional, like a pyschologists and/or a policeman. I'd change my numbers and avoid letting him know where I live (if at all possible). You could also fight for him to sign over his rights. Tell him that unless he signs over his rights, you're going to take him to court for child support. If he's a convicted sex offender, I don't think he's allowed to be around children... I know he's not allowed to sleep in the same house as them. Best of luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)