Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CHILD CARE ADVICE???

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:46 PM
  • 4 Replies

i start school in about a week and a half and am looking for child care for my 3 month old!  Please help!  IM STRESSING OUT!!  must be state approved (if its a nanny- finger prints back ground check, ie trustline approved)  any tips ladies??

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kaylasmom9
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Check with your local resource and referral agengy

megarooniduh
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:15 PM

www.kindercare.com

Ready for this? I am a young (17), finishing high school (graduating 09!), exclusively breastfeeding, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, baby signing, no CIO believing, vaxing, extended rear facing, delaying solids, soon to be organic feeding, unwed (but dating the father of my child for going on 3 years), stay at home (when i'm not at school), mommy of a 7 month old little booger! With plans to continue my education as an american sign language teacher, be the best mom I can be, and change the stereo-type for teenage parents!

Gizzy22
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:15 PM
the state help(we call it FIA) gave me a list of daycares who were stated approved.. Maybe they can help you out.

Photobucket
megarooniduh
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:42 PM

oh, i forgot to add why i like them!

1. they have key pad entry, only parents and teachers with the code can get in, everyone else must ring the doorbell.
  2. they have a no-cash on campus policy. tuition must be paid in checks, or money orders. this reduces the risk of anyone wanting to rob the daycare and put the children or teachers danger.
  3. each baby has their own crib and no other child uses that crib.
  4. the sheets are washed on a daily basis.
  5. they have seperate bottle warmers for breastmilk and formula.
  6. they have family communication papers, that tell you exactly when your child ate, slept, and got their diaper changed.
  7. they check each babies diaper every hour.
  8. once you start baby foods, they supply baby food, if you choose to use it.. (provided by the state).
  9. each baby is on their own schedule.
  10. they have a ton of differant toys and activities always planned (even for the babies!)
  11. they do crafts (paint with their hand prints and feet prints, SO CUTE!)
  12. they have a space where you can leave car seats so if mom drops off, and say dad picks up, or whoever...
  13. they have outside time, (weather permitting) and they use the stroller to tote all the babies outside.. and lay a blanket on the ground and have tummy time, or bumbo time, or boppy time, and play outside for a couple of minutes!
  14. they have a great communication system from teachers and directors to parents!

Ready for this? I am a young (17), finishing high school (graduating 09!), exclusively breastfeeding, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, baby signing, no CIO believing, vaxing, extended rear facing, delaying solids, soon to be organic feeding, unwed (but dating the father of my child for going on 3 years), stay at home (when i'm not at school), mommy of a 7 month old little booger! With plans to continue my education as an american sign language teacher, be the best mom I can be, and change the stereo-type for teenage parents!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)