Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Was Your New Years Resolution, And Have You Been Sticking To It?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:01 PM
  • 7 Replies

My New Years resolution is to lose about 30-40 lbs by my birthday, which is July 17th (and i currently weight approx 170 lbs) =). I joined the YMCA's gym, and i start tomorrow. They have Child Watch from 9am-12 pm, and i prefer going to the gym EARLY IN THE MORNING, so this is a goal for me and i hope i really get there. I'm on track, too soon to tell if i am going to stick to it, i am going to try my hardest, but im not a fitness nut, and i like to eat! =( But i put my foot in the door by joining, and im cheap, so i wouldnt waste my money if i wasn't sure i was going to follow thru! =) What was YOUR New Years Resolution(s) and have you stuck by it and do you think you will continue to stick by it? And what made you make this resolution? I made mines because i want to feel good in my clothes, b4 i had my son i wore a size 5 pants, now i wear a 13/14... so i wanna get back to how i used to be. And i want to be healthier for my son. Its hard now chasing him, i get tired easily...so this will be better for me all around. =)

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Iluvjandkplus8
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Let's see- I haven't stopped smoking, my house is a mess and I'm as disorganized as always. Yep, I haven't stuck to on New Years resolution. Good luck with the gym!

Lindsay

Beamer35
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:10 PM

To funny. My birthday is July 16, and mine is to lose about 60 lbs! I want to be back in to my jeans from high school. SO I figured that if I lose 3 lbs a week I would reach my goal by then. I have started eating healthy and being aware of portion sizes. I have been doing it for two weeks and have lost 7 lbs! But not only that but I feel so much better and I am saving money by not eating out at fast food! SO both go hand and hand because I also want to save some money! So good luck to you and your goal!

Tiff120686
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:16 PM

I want to lose about 60 lbs!  (It's what I've gained in the past year)  Meant to start going to my college gym, but feel to fat to work out in public! :) about to purchase a treadmill or elliptical.  Definitely have yet to lose weight or gain self-control with what I eat! :)

kandibaby1030
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:34 PM

LOL well we all have something in common!  I too want to lose weight.  Not sure how much, I am in no hurry and I really don't have a goal weight.  But last year I joined weight watchers and lost 28lbs. in a few short months.  Well I went off during the holidays and gained 8lbs back!  So My resolution was to get back on weight watchers, and I did!  So far Im sticking to it!  I lost my 8lbs right back!  And Im still going strong!  Good luck to all you other mamas' whatever your resolution may be!!

ILuvMySon2406
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 7:41 PM

woooww, so we have the same goals! Update: I've been 2 the gym twice, something always comes up when i plan on going which sucks, but when i went i worked out non-stop for a hr. 25 minutes on the treadmill, 15 monutes on the elliptical, and n 5 minutes weight lifting. Ooo,and i did 10 minutes on bike, so 1 hr n 10 minutes, and 10 minutes in the sauna. My son got sick so i couldntn havent been 2 the gym in 1 week, not once, but thats ok, im NOT giving up =)

mamivon2
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 7:43 PM

To quit eating sweets. Like candy etc. I broke it 2h after the ball dropped.

Beamer35
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 9:33 PM

I hate McDonald's....why does one have to be behind my house?!?!?!? All I smell is fries...!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)