Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do(need help)

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:25 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok me and DF just moved into a new house 4BR and they have a 2 bedrooms upstairs and the other 2 down stairs.I dont know how to put the rooms im scared to put my babies on the 1st floor it will drive me crazy and keep me up all night because i would be worried they will wake up or i would think i hear something and get up every 5 mins.but at the same time i dont want them upstairs because it wold make me nervous thinking they might wake up in da middle of the nite and try to come down stairs and they would fall.Please i need some advise ASAP.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:28 PM

How old are they???  I personally would be downstairs and put the kids upstairs because my oldest and would try to escape at some point... Do what you feel is best though...

midsmommy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:30 PM

well if you have them upstairs you can always buy those gates for the stairs.

angelwings63050
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:30 PM

If it is a 4bdrm with 2 upstairs and 2 downstairs, why not put a play room downstairs and the bedroom upstairs with you?

Jillian
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:34 PM

I think the gates are the best idea they would really help if you think you would sleep better with them closer

Quoting midsmommy:

well if you have them upstairs you can always buy those gates for the stairs.

having a baby

baby

PolandMomof3
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:04 PM

our house is like that but one bedroom down stairs and 3 upstairs we just got a gate for our 3 yr olds room and then a baby monitor so we can hear everything. When he was youger we had a camera up there so we couold see verything they were doing.

I am a hippie SAHM,  tattoo having ,easy going, cigarette smoking, homeschooling,earth loving,pacifier giving,  mom and wife who doesnt care what anyone else thinks, I don't judge you so don't judge me kinda person

Parksey27
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 11:57 AM

I would have us all on the same floor. I would have my boys share a room or put the baby in with us. Once they are older like 7 or 8 maybe having them on seperate floors would be okay, but I could never do it now. Put a play room on the lower floor and the bedrooms all upstairs.

I know I am paranoid, but I think of things like a fire. If it is on one floor how would you get to the other child?

JMO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)