Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

daycare

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:00 PM
  • 9 Replies

okay first  how many of you know there is  (in some states)  a law that  say your  baby  has to eat  solid at  8 month, if your  child in  a day care my  sons  gf    told me today that  they have to start  feeding there  son  baby food  cause of  some  law,  she  breast feeds him have not  started him on  baby food of  any kind,  so how many of you know  any  law  ,

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Bekah062205
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:02 PM

thats a first i ever heard of anything like this..hmmm...bump

thehairnazi
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:04 PM

i've never heard of it being a law..but the pedi said to go by how many teeth he had, and how he was handling 'biter' foods..things that dissolved easily. my son only had 6 or 7 teeth at a year, all front..can't really remember when we actually started him on 'real' solid foods..but he was well into the stage 3 gerber foods before then.

toddler boy''train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not turn from it." proverbs 22:6

Danielle923B
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Thats dumb. thats like saying to adults.. you have to eat meat everyday. What are they going to do take your baby away because your not giving solids? thats ridiculous

barbroach59
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:06 PM

we  live in  texas  and the  day  care said it was  a  state  law that  he  be  on food  or they have to bring  double the  milk  he  gets  2   four  oz  bottles  now since he isnt there for long , but they are  saying he  needs  babyfood now  as well i was just  wondering   and my sons  gf is upset with this , i didnt think they had a  right to tell you what to feed your  baby , so they are taking him to the  dr and  get a note  or  something  for the  day care , i think its  crazy he is  8 months  and  has  one tooth , and is  breast feed, he is healthy 

4LifeTupperware
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:13 PM

I have never heard this and I work at a daycare for many years, and I run one now.  I know that kids that are out of the baby room need to be offered food every two hours.

She should be able to get a note from her doctor and take it to the day care and they will be able to go pass that law, if it's even one...

There are many doctors that say that Feeding nothing but breast milk for the first year is great!  There is no way if I was doing that would I go ahead and feed my child food just because a daycare said so

Tell her to ask them to give her a link to where that law is, if it's a law have her go to her doctor and get a note... that over-rides any law from the daycare

Melanie, Wife for 14 years and a Mom, to 13 year old daughter, 10 year old son, 3 year old son, 11 month old son and two angel babies that would also be 11 months old, and Tupperware Consultant!   "Only one life, will soon be passed, only what's done for Christ will last."          

kaylasmom9
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:13 PM

I am a provider in CAli and I have a state program that reimburses me for food.  There is at age 1. Now I have the ability to feed cereal if the parent ok's it.  Also fruits and vegies, but not required until 1.

crystalpowell
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:15 PM

I am a liscened daycare provider from wyoming... The only thing I can think of is that the daycare is on the food program threw your state... and by being on that it is required that we give them baby ceral and a fruit/veggie with breakfast and lunch... and just formula/breastmilk for there snacks.... now... I could be wrong this is just my guess?? The parent just needs to tell them to take them off the food program or have them set up a special diet for the food program and YOU CAN do that!!  Hope this helps!

EmmieandMom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Had the same problem.  The center is telling you that because they get a reinbursment from USDA or anouther state program for every child that eats the food.  I had to get a letter from my doctor stating what and when my daughter was to be feed.  Tell he to have the doctor draft a letter.  Just a little info most centers especially those that recieve state funds will not let you bring in food from home (ie, homemade baby foods)

barbroach59
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:44 PM

no they are  telling them they need to bring his  food, for him  it  dont  sound  right to me  and my son and his  gf are  very  young  parents, so i am going to find out  what is  going on with this  my sons  gf  said they lady in charge  gave her some kind  of paper   so i am going to  see

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)