Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No one seems to know why!! (PIOG)

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:32 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am 10 weeks pregnant with #2, we got pregnant on the pill if that makes any difference. #1 was a c-section and we are hoping for VBAC.  Ever since Jan 13 I keep getting these huge gushes of blood, like a period.  It will stop for a couple of days or a couple of hours.  They did an US and found some blood clots where the placenta was attaching, but they said that there are no more clots and the bleeding will stop now.  Well, it hasn't .  I keep getting just big gushes.  They have checked baby and baby looks great!!  nothing seems to be wrong.  My midwife (who works in an OB office) checked me out and can't find any source of active bleeding, and yet I still am.  No cramping, no pain and a good baby heartbeat.  Any idea what could be happening? Any expierience with this kind of thing?  What should I do? I am looking for a 3rd opinion here a Dr and a midwife can't seem to come up with any answers.  Thanks in advance, anything but "I don't know" would be helpful right now!!!!!sad

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Whisper85
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:39 PM

I don't know either, here's a BUMP maybe someone knows

MooreTrio
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:41 PM

I don't know either, there are so many mysteries surrounding pregnancy. BUMP!

canadian

Skyler's going to be a big brother to Adelyn Emberly February 27th!

Katy_Lentz
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:41 PM

My friend had this-they said that her cervix wasn't closed or something like that. She delivered twins prematurely at 26 weeks pregnant! I would honestly seek a second opinion! Good luck

nickiturner04
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:43 PM

that happend to me... and started happening when i was 13 weeks pregnant. i was diagnosed with placenta previa. same thing. great heartbeat, active baby, no contractions (until about 20 weeks), and just period clots... at 29 weeks and 5 days, i had an emergency c-section and the doctor who delivered my baby told me i did not have placenta previa, my placenta was ruptured. by very careful. my "water" broke when i was 26 weeks. it ended up being pure out blood. (sorry about the grossness...) i would go get another opinion... even though you have had 2 already...  it might do some good. im shocked they haven't put you on pelvic or bed rest! good luck!

*Tyler's Mom*

stacyemmy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:47 PM

My friend bleed so much for weeks that she would bleed through clothes, sheets, and everything. And the baby was perfectly healthy and carried to term..it was just some kind of weird thing.

1Kitty
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:52 PM

I just wanted to wish you luck!... I hope everything is ok

startrace96
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:52 PM

I dont know. I'd get a second opinion heres a bump so maybe someone else can help

hotmom40ish
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:31 AM

Sorry sweetie I have no clue!! Here's a bump for you.

Rebecca

tuckersmommy22
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:37 AM
How far along are you?? I had bleeding early on in my pregnancy, and it was because I had a blod clot near my son...it took weeks to clear up. I also started bleeding again around 20 weeks, but it was because I had low amniotic fluid, and everytime my baby moved or kicked he was kicking something that would normally not be hit if I had had enough fluid. I don't know if that made any sense at all. I would get a second opinion. I delivered my baby at 26 weeks 4 days, but that was because of the level of fluid, but still I would definitely be looked at again. Sorry if I was rambling!! Good luck!

"If God brings you to it,
He will bring you through it.
Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment thank God."

~Audra (Tucker's Mommy)~
Mason20080713
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Have they told you where the placenta is positioned?  I have read that if the placenta is real low and over or too close to your cervix that bleeding like that could occur.  Keep a close eye on it and don't be afraid to keep getting checked out.  Better safe than sorry.  I would also get another opion from a different doctor if I were you.  Good luck and God Bless.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)