Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

From Crib to Toddler bed. HELP!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:52 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi Ladies,

My hubby and I need serious advice!  Tonight is the first night in the big boy bead.  My son, who is 17 months has been jumping and climbing out of his crib, so we decided it was time.  Now, he he just gets out.

How do we keep him in there?  We've tried shutting the door, but he just screams.  We keep going back to get him in.  This is awful!

Having a bad day?  Come vent here WITHOUT the drama of the other groups!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/momsventing

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
veteranmom194
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:00 PM

HELLO , I REMEMBER BREAKING IN MY SON TO HIS NEW BED AND I TELL YOU ITS NOT EASY AS PARENTS THINK IT IS , I STAYED WITH HIM THE FIRST FEW NIGHTS IN HIS ROOM UNTILL HE FELT SAFE WITH A TEDDYBEAR AND A NIGHT LIGHT MY SON IS NOW 20YRS OLD AND HE DID JUST FINE AND IM SURE YOURES WILL TOO!!

veteranmom194

1boy_2girls
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:03 PM

lust keep putting him back every time he gets out of bed. dont say anything to him just pick him up and put him back and walk back out. you may have to do it fifty times for a couple of nights but he will get it. good luck. if you dont want to do that invest in a baby gate, that is if he cant climb over those yet

hotmom40ish
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Be consistent Mommy. He will get the message. I used one of those side guard things. Better than falling out of his crib. Good luck to you.

Rebecca

MommaBunch84
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:29 AM

We moved our boys at 14 months. I close the door and if I hear them up I just go back in and lay them in bed and tell them its time to go nigh night. You could try laying in there with him for a few nights until he gets used to it. I still have to do that sometimes and my boys are almost 18 months.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker                   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)