Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you cure.......

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:11 PM
  • 9 Replies

A 21 month who is losing his voice. He has a little cough and thats about all. NO fever, runny nose nothing. He woke up like that the other morning and it hasnt gotten better. I dont wanna take him to the doctor because he is not even sick. So are there any home remidies or anything that will help him he just sounds so horrible.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
1boy_2girls
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:16 PM

i think, but not sure, that they can have honey after 12 months. that may help to soothe his throat. other wise trying to keep him quiet till it gets better. maybe just call the doctors after hours number and talk to the nurse on call and she can help

kaitlynsmom526
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:19 PM

try a little bit of honey and lemon juice in some tea, also they have those suckers for sore throats for little kids, i know he's not sick but maybe it will help.

pbajsmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Depending on where you live, allergies are a pretty common reason for voice loss.  Try some over the counter benadryl for kids.  Walmart carries the sugarfree benadryl for children too.

kidscorner04
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Not quit sure however I know if I have any questions like this I just contact my pedicatrician and the nurse will give you suggestions over the phone without rushing them in for a visit.

hotmom40ish
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Quoting kaitlynsmom526:

try a little bit of honey and lemon juice in some tea, also they have those suckers for sore throats for little kids, i know he's not sick but maybe it will help.

Lots of fluids too! Good luck!

Rebecca

Mom2Tristan07
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Try giving him some honey to sooth his throat. Or steam up the shower and take him in there to clear the mucus. Have you tried any tylenol? My son is also going through the same thing so we are using tylenol and motrin and putting vicks on his chest and back before he goes to bed

JTriches
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Try honey and lemon.  Make it sweet so he will eat it

Mason20080713
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:41 PM

Honey and lemon are quick fixes for like singers or some one who has to give a speech and they are loosing their voice.  However, it really doesn't help it and though it may help at first it can actually make it worse.  I would not try these remedies.  Really the best you can do is increase fluid, mainly water, intake and wait it out.  Try not to let them drink or eat anything with really any or to much sugar in it.  That can make it worse too.  Good luck.

Krysi-Mason's proud mama :)

karenmomtonomi
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Get a humidifier. Put it in his room. Sit him in the bathroom and run the shower on hot to get the steam going. Get him to sing songs with you in the bathroom so he can inhale the steam. Make sure he doesn't have lesions on his throat (strep)Try and see if he will not speak for a certain amount of time during the day. (rest his vocal chords)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)