Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you think...

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:27 PM
  • 13 Replies

Dh & i decided that this is our last baby, but I have to have a c-section, but my question is- do you think my dr would allow me to go into labor naturally & then do the c-section? My dd was induced so I dont know what its like to go into labor on my own & i really want to!! lol  :)  Anyone have any advice?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ToriBabe1221
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:28 PM

doubtful

but, good luck

LisaKelz
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Quoting ToriBabe1221:

doubtful

but, good luck

that's what my hubby said too!

proudnavywife03
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:29 PM

If you would like to go into labor you should try for VBAC. I wanted a vbac with my dd but she ended up breech. So you should look into it.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday TickerLilypie 1st Birthday TickerDaisypath Next Aniversary TickerLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
LisaKelz
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:31 PM

Quoting proudnavywife03:

If you would like to go into labor you should try for VBAC. I wanted a vbac with my dd but she ended up breech. So you should look into it.

well i didnt have a c-section with my dd, i just had a horrible vaginal delivery that ended with a terrible tear that i dont want to risk re-opening & going through that drama all over again (i couldnt sit for weeks) so my dr suggested we do a c-section to avoid it.

Seven07
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:36 PM

OH I get the ? now.  No, I also highly doubt it.

LisaKelz
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:37 PM

Quoting Seven07:

OH I get the ? now.  No, I also highly doubt it.

well that sucks.... i was hoping to have my cake & eat it too!! haha  :)

proudnavywife03
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:43 PM

I was induced with my son and ended up having a c-section. I can tell you this it hurt more going through labor and then having a c-section. I have a repeat c-section with dd and i recovered alot faster(but that is me). More likely they are not going to let you go into labor, they are going to set a date for you.

LisaKelz
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 12:01 AM

Quoting proudnavywife03:

I was induced with my son and ended up having a c-section. I can tell you this it hurt more going through labor and then having a c-section. I have a repeat c-section with dd and i recovered alot faster(but that is me). More likely they are not going to let you go into labor, they are going to set a date for you.

that makes me feel better! my dr thinks i will heal faster this time too & not have so many issues to deal with afterward...

hotmom40ish
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:52 AM

It can't hurt to ask, but I doubt it.

Good luck!

Rebecca

Miranda926
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Unless you can somehow go into labor before the date they choose for you, I don't think the Dr. will let you.  Sorry, and Good Luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)