Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Experience needed.. Effaced and station??

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:36 PM
  • 5 Replies

Okay so question for all you moms that might have experience with this.. most of you probably do...

I am 50% effaced and the baby is at -1 station, how long do you think I will sit like this??  I'm not really dilated but that could have to do with the scar tissue on my cervix...

What do you think?

babies
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
steph2884
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:38 PM

You could be like that until you go into labor, or it could change before labor. I was 4cm, 80% effaced, and 0 station for three weeks. I never went into labor.

1boy_2girls
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:40 PM

there is realy no way to tell. it could take anout week or more. depends on that baby and how soon he/she wants to come out. if your ready for him/her to come out. have alot of sex. sperm and a natural cervex softener. the softer the cervex the easier it will be to dialate.

luvjulie
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 1:15 AM

You could go into labor in the next 5 minutes or the next 5 weeks. Until contractions start coming that open up the cervix labor isn't going to happen. Sit on a birth ball. It can and will do wonders.Plus if this is your first baby usually you need more thining of that cervix to happen before dilation. If this is your second or third, they usually go hand and hand and enjoy lots of sex to try to move things along. Turn on the tv if you have too but let him do his thing.

hotmom40ish
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:58 AM

Just sit back and relax Mom. You may be in it for the long haul. It all depends on when the LO decides to make his/her appearance. Good luck to you!

Rebecca

ThinkTwice08
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 12:23 PM

Start working on your yoga and squats....and hang in there. That baby will come when it is ready. Patience is a virtue. :)  side note: I went all natural (0 meds) and my labor was only 8 hours start to finish. (and it was my first baby) I know everyone says "get an epidural"- but every one i've talked to has had way longer labors than I  did and a harder time breastfeeding. Plus, natural is better for the baby's health. Think about giving it a try....it hurts of course but women have been getting through it for centuries. :)

You should check out "the business of being born" while you are waiting for your sweet one's arrival. It is a great documentary on the birthing process. Best of luck to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)