Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I AM FREAKING OUT BIG TIME!!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:04 AM
  • 10 Replies

I just realized my oldest son has 6mo till he get his driving permit...He was filling out his picks for next year school schedule and he said should I take drivers ed?  I said I don't know you won't be 16 till July of 2010 but he said yah but I can get my permit this July..I almost shit my oldest is going to be driving...Did you other moms freak when your child began to drive or am I just crazy?

in loveboy n girltwin boys

HUBBY & ME       CHANDLER,MADSION,CARSON & COLTON

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tinamomof7
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:08 AM

My 3rd son JUST got his license.  I have decided the truest definition of anxiety is strapping yourself into the passenger seat and your baby is behind the wheel lol.  I was a nervouse wreck all three times.  I still worry, but thank GOD for cell phones.  I feel a little better knowing if there was a problem he could call from anywhere.

Hang in there mom...it does get easier.

3boyz1princess
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:15 AM

I remember him sitting in his carseat and telling me I never want to drive I want you to drive me all the time and now he does want to drive...lol..I watch this kid play video games I hope he drives better in real life...lol  Yes thank god for cell phones if I hear police or fire trucks now I call his phone just to make sure hes ok and he is only in the neighborhood i'm really going to be a worry wart...

Quoting Tinamomof7:

My 3rd son JUST got his license.  I have decided the truest definition of anxiety is strapping yourself into the passenger seat and your baby is behind the wheel lol.  I was a nervouse wreck all three times.  I still worry, but thank GOD for cell phones.  I feel a little better knowing if there was a problem he could call from anywhere.

Hang in there mom...it does get easier.

3boyz1princess
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:30 AM

BUMP..no one has kids who drive?

3timesoccermom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:58 AM

Well since you have a son, somebody better get an extra job to pay for his insurance!!  Tell him he better get good grades so you can get the "good grade" discount.  If he's a cell phone nut he should know that in some states they forbid new drivers from cell phone use for some time - here it's 6 months. 

My middle daughter had her license exactly one month when she hit a Jaguar from behind!  Thank goodness everyone was ok, but now our insurance is higher. :-(  She is absolutely forbidden to use that phone when she's driving and I check her phone records to make sure.

iainsmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:00 AM

Bump not yet...lol but I'm not looking forward to it....

KaseyHickman
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:02 AM

My son is only 2 so he isnt driving yet. But be thankful you dont live over here. Oh my gosh you would go crazy. People over here are crazy drivers.....

KittyD
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:03 AM

too early for me lol i was just freaking out the other day about how i will get my kids to finish their school work and they aren't even in school yet lol

KittyD ~ Stop By My Page & Sign my Guest Book!

srenee1988
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:12 AM

hmmm...mines only 8 months...thank god!!! but honestly..I'm already freaking out about girls...and someone hurting him...sigh....mommyhood!

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

atheobald914
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:58 AM

I know exactly where you're coming from. My son is driving now, and will be 18 in July! You wanna talk freaking . . . he's already made plans to join the Marines!!!! It justdoesn't want to register in my mind that he's this old yet! It wasn't THAT long ago that he was in diapers!!!

confused

3boyz1princess
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Yes he does get good grades..and he is not big on using or even remembering to take his phone...I hate to see what ins is going to be...

Quoting 3timesoccermom:

Well since you have a son, somebody better get an extra job to pay for his insurance!!  Tell him he better get good grades so you can get the "good grade" discount.  If he's a cell phone nut he should know that in some states they forbid new drivers from cell phone use for some time - here it's 6 months. 

My middle daughter had her license exactly one month when she hit a Jaguar from behind!  Thank goodness everyone was ok, but now our insurance is higher. :-(  She is absolutely forbidden to use that phone when she's driving and I check her phone records to make sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)