Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Selling on ebay?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:30 AM
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone know how those sellers who sell things like cell phones and laptops get thier stuff? I jusr recently ordered a phone for my hubby and was reading all thier feedback and they get litterally hundreds a month! On thier page it says they buy thier phones directly from the manufacturer but I dont know. Does anyone know anything about that type of thing?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
littlejreece
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:40 AM

I was actually just reading an article about this kind of thing (sorry, I dont remember what publication), and it warned that in cases of items like electronics, sometimes the reviews are not "true" customer reviews, but are "padded" by the seller to make their rating go up or remain high. This doesn't automatically mean that what they are selling is bad, or that they are not a reputable person, but try to take it all with a grain of salt. Especially on Ebay (my hubby buys and sells alot of items there) when someone is happy about the item, service, or the seller, their review will usually have a lot of details, and will not just say "I was happy with ABC item."

As far as the number of items that the seller has, and where they obtain them from, I really don't know. For christmas my hubby got me an authentic NFL All-Star jersey, but it came directly from the manufacturer in China (yeah, yeah, I know!), so I would imagine that some sellers are able to bypass US suppliers, and buy directly from other countries. However, that is just an educated guess, I don't know for sure.

ANewPerspective
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:42 AM

They buy them from Wholesale distributers. They get a big markdown for buying in bulk... thats how they get their profit. My dad is a professional e-bay seller, that's how I know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)