Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Jumping On Bed/Not going to bed

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:36 AM
  • 4 Replies

Not sure where to post this since I'm new, so hopefully I got it right. I know there's been similar posts, but didn't see anything that would help.

My daughter is turning 3 next month. In the last couple weeks, we've had trouble getting her to go to sleep at bedtime. I know cutting out her nap helps a ton, almost elminating the hassle of battling her. But even cutting out the nap, she will be in there jumping on her bed, jumping off her bed, turning her lamp on, walking around in her room, etc. I'm just at a loss of what tactic to take with this. Her bedtime is 8-8:30pm. We do a bedtime ritual and even when we do OR don't she will still do it. I am not going to lay with her until she falls asleep, this will be just a habit I don't want to start (from past experience). Her 7 month old sister sleeps in the same room as her (only have a 2bdr place) and is a light sleeper, so she gets woken up when she gets loud jumping around. And when her little sister wakes up, my 3yr old will hang on the crib and keep her up even more. I will go in about 6 times at least in an hours time. She's really testing the limits here and I'm really at my limits in how to deal with this scenario. Advice?!!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
CafeMom Admin
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:46 PM

how are you

Hi wilcox3,

Welcome to the Advice for Moms group.

In addition to posting your question here, you may also want to visit the Preschooler Moms group. The moms in there may have some answers and advice for you.

Here are some CafeMom Featured Groups.

You can also search for a group based on your interests here:

http://www.cafemom.com/groups/find.php

We hope you enjoy CafeMom!

\\ The CafeMom Admin Team

dilateyourmind
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:07 PM

There is a great book called The Challenging child. It got me through terrible two's and demonic threes.

Not trying to hate, just educate. Just because its my opinion, doesn't mean I think I know whats best for you. Its just another perspective.

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:47 PM

The three's were demonic for me also.

Quoting dilateyourmind:

There is a great book called The Challenging child. It got me through terrible two's and demonic threes.

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Very hard at that age and sharing rooms. Try role playing with a doll or something. Let her put baby to bed and practice being quiet and putting baby to bed.

When I had my 2nd dd my oldest was just 3 and very jealous. Make bed time special mommy time. Try the doll, every child is different.

Does the younger one go down eairler than the older one? Might need to make it the other way around. LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)