Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

W-2 question??

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:58 AM
  • 7 Replies

Ok if W-2s have to be postmarked by the 31st and they are mailed from the same town I live in or close to it will I have it by February 4th or 5th? I am seriously hoping for sooner because I have a court date on the 6th because I am behind on rent and just want to get my taxes done and pay it off before court....I hate waiting!!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ANewPerspective
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:10 AM

umm.. most businesses mail them out before the 31st... because they HAVE to be postmarked by that date.. most dont like cutting it that close. We got ours a few days ago and did a same day return through H&R Block. But even if they mailed it out on the 31st I would say it would be there by the 2nd.

MaggieMomof3
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:27 AM

Hi...Thanks I hope so!!! I am so impatient waiting for the mail around this time of year and it's so nervewracking.

Quoting ANewPerspective:

umm.. most businesses mail them out before the 31st... because they HAVE to be postmarked by that date.. most dont like cutting it that close. We got ours a few days ago and did a same day return through H&R Block. But even if they mailed it out on the 31st I would say it would be there by the 2nd.

dethsmunchkin
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:10 AM

when mine got mailed to me in 2007 i got it february 2nd 

Lilypie Baby Ticker preview image
Lilypie Baby Ticker ppb.png picture by jodell80

MaggieMomof3
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:12 AM

Cool!! That would work for me!

Quoting dethsmunchkin:

when mine got mailed to me in 2007 i got it february 2nd 

debby939597
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:32 AM

Not trying to put a dark cloud over things here but did you  know that under certain circumstances (not sure as to the guidelines for this ) your employer may file for an extension to have the W2's to the employees.Or at least that was the case about 10 years ago when it happened to my mother .

Normally they do have to be post marked before the 31st of Jan . Every employer I have ever worked for has had them to me usually by mid Jan .Like a PP said most dont want to take chances of beign late with them .

About 10 years  ago Mom was waiting on hers when she had not received them by Feb 5th she called her supervisor who then called her supervisor who then called home office .They were informed that the company had been granted an extension and could not give them an exact date as to when they would be done .If I remember correctly it was mid march before Mom received hers .

From my understanding this is rare and only very few who file for the extension are granted it .As I said this was 10 or so years ago so things may have changed since then as well .

Not trying to dampen your spirits just trying to make you aware that things like this can happen.

MaggieMomof3
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 2:01 AM

I think I will seriously cry each day I check the mail and no W-2!! I really need it. Boohoo.

sgilbert211
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Quoting MaggieMomof3:

I think I will seriously cry each day I check the mail and no W-2!! I really need it. Boohoo.

You takes a few weeks to actually get the money even after you file your taxes. Some places to do "loan" but you have to qualify and I believe they only give you some of it. I really hope things work out for you. Last year we did the refund anticipation with HR Block and it took 8 days for the direct deposit to go through. GOOD LUCK!!

SAHM of 2 formula fed, fully vaxed,

non co-sleeping, PERFECT kids!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)