Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any moms put there kids to bed late?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:12 AM
  • 16 Replies

any of you sahm put your kids to bed late? maybe because you dont have a reason to get up early in the morning and you just like it that way? most moms i hear put there kids to bed at like 8.... im not one of them lol

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ilovemybbgrl
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:20 AM

it varies.... sometimes she goes down early.. sometimes not.. shes been teething so lately the fight hasnt been worth it (im due any day lol trying to keep my energy) so ill let her do her thing till she passes out for now and put her in bed. im sure thats bad.. but whatever.. it works for us right now..

logiemommy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:23 AM

I don't put my son to bed at 8pm.. I rather not be up at 6am if I can help it.lol! I let him stay up til 10pm , then he has to lay in his bed and have quiet time, he can watch cartoons, but at 11pm lights are out...... Some nights I forget to say lights out, and its more like midnight before I tell him. And most times he is already asleep. I enjoy the fact that he allows me to sleep til 9am most mornings. I know this summer that will change. We both will have to be in bed early, b/c of school ...Until then I'm enjoying my late sleeping.lol!

SerenityGarden
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:57 AM

As had as I have tried to just get on a sleep schedule my daughter has refused it, however, now even if she isn't sleeping she'll stay in her bed by 9:30 to 10pm.

KaseyHickman
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:04 AM

My son's bed time varies. Sometimes he is in bed at 8 other times its 9 and sometimes its 11. But our bedtime routine is strict. Bubble bath then I read four books then its bed time. when I say bedtime its time for bed. He does really good any time. So it just depends on what I feel like.

ANewPerspective
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:10 AM

My friend Jill's parents (Jill is 24) say that until Jill was starting school she went to bed as late as they could possibly manage. lol. When we were pregnant for the first time, so was Jill and I remember sitting around talking and they were saying that they loved having her go to bed at the same time as them (midnight or later) because then she would sleep in. lol. They said Jill never had a problem with it, and that not all kids need a schedule... or at least one that includes a bedtime at 7 or 8pm. My DD is only a year old... but she just automatically is ready for bed by 8pm. So I don't fight her... she put herself on her schedule.

Braylonsmommy19
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:12 AM

Bray normally stays up until about 11 or 1130 but I hope he will start going to bed earlier because he is going to start preschool but he has alwys been a late night person but no matter if he goes to bed a 9 or 10 or later he doesn't get up until 9 or 10 in the morning but I never keep him up he gets to cranky unless he tries to go to bed earlier then 9

with3love
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:13 AM

My dh works graveyard so in turn our family sometimes gets on a strange sleep schedule. The worst it has ever been is all of us going to bed at 3am, and all of us waking up around noon. Today for example, my daughter was asleep in bed by 9pm, and I put my boys down at 10pm. The children and I wake around 9am, a little before or a little after. Anyway, right now its 2am for me and I'm tired. But I'm working on a late night project that needs to get done by Monday.

onebeautifulgir
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:38 AM

Well my schedule is the weirdest probably then anyone on here........I put my baby to sleep at  5-6 am and she sleeps till about 2pm-3pm........My hubby works swings shifts and I am sahm and don't have my own car so I can't really do anything........He works 4pm-3 am

lssmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:52 AM

My son usually hits the sack around 10-11. It all depends. I used to try and get him to go to bed at like 8 because I thought that was what everyone was doing, but i'm a SAHM and I dont need to get up early, so I put him to bed around 10 and he sleeps untill like 10am. Which is pretty good considering my husband is a swingshifter and stays up late. :)

mamadrama07
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:02 AM

I'm a sahm to a 5 yr. old, 3 yr. old, and 1 yr. old. The oldest 2 go to bed around 9:30, and the youngest falls asleep around 10:00 or so. Even though I'm a stay-at-home mom, I still have reasons to get up early. I wake up when my husband does, and I fix us breakfast, and we sit and talk and spend some time together before he has to leave for work. It's hard to have alone time when you have 3 little ones, so we enjoy that time in the morning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)